Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby LorraineG » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:35 pm

112 of gonal is really low and roughly 1/2 that value of luveris is the perfect proportion of fsh:lh so I'd be confident the quality isn't going to suffer on those meds! You've every right to skip out of those scans great results so far and a solid plan for transfer without having any stress on your body. I can see why iui wouldn't have worked!! ;)
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:50 am

I know how you feel Lorraine. I have my frer in the house now and as l put it in the cupboard earlier I thought 'I really don't want to do this 2m'. I have to test 2m thou because of the family event on Sunday and work on Monday. I have to have my head back in gear for those. Tried to prepare myself for the negative test but sure you all know how it is. Nothing makes it any easier
MrsK19

Postby MeanderGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:10 am

Maybe think of the tests as internet dating. It's a numbers game. One of those dates is gonna be a good one. And one of those tests will be the positive one. Unfortunately, you don't know which one. But there will be one!!
MeanderGo

Postby MeanderGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:18 am

I try to convince my friend whose dating that one of them will be the one! Probably not a great pep talk. Sorry!
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:54 am

Haha meander...actually a good analogy for me! I met my dh online after countless duds!! So there's def hope!!
Bfn for me today though...3 more sleeps for baseline scan! Fingers crossed af is bang on time!
Mrsk how did you get on? Everything crossed for you hun!
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:29 am

Morning girls. Bfn for me too unfortunately. Knew it would be but still very upset :( you are right Meander. One of these days it will hopefully be positive. On to ivf for us next
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:56 am

Oh I'm so sorry mrsk! It's just so shit after all you've done this round! Take today to feel shite and wallow and tomorrow or the next day you'll pick up your crown, dust it off and be stronger for the next step. Eat crap, drink wine and watch mind numbing TV! Xx
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:17 am

Thanks Lorraine. Sorry you got a bfn too. Great that you get to start your ivf soon thou :)
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:49 am

In fairness this was a low chance try for us this month so it's not as crushing and like you say we have a cycle starting next week hopefully! Take some time to process this bfn, talk to your clinic about a plan for ivf and see how you're feeling. There's lots you can do to help you feel like you're doing something and in control while you're waiting but for now just look after you x
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:14 am

Ah girls I'm so sorry. It's always upsetting and hard to take. You'll be rewarded in time for this journey with beautifully behaved intelligent stunning children. Karma better deliver!! But do take the time to feel shit. You're very entitled. I would recommend Betty crockers chocolate fudge icing by the tub. Or just a jar of Nutella and a large spoon xx
MeanderGo

Postby Babydreams87 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:15 am

I’m so sorry Lorraine and MrsK. Make sure you do something nice for yourselves this weekend, movie marathon, spa, take away etc.
I have been diagnosed with hyperprolactinaemia it was nearly 900 in early October. I have been put on parlodel and have an MRI soon to check for prolactinoma. I am a small bit worried about it but my prolactin was down to 100 this week so hoping that’s not the cause. I have been told I shouldn’t have any alcohol while on the meds so my monthly glass of wine on day 1 is gone :(
Hope everyone is staying warm and dry this weekend!
Babydreams87

Postby MrsK19 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:36 am

Hi babydreams. I haven't heard of that before. Is it linked to fertility? If you get treated for it will it help you get closer to your bfp?
MrsK19

Postby MrsK19 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:06 am

Of course now I am googling the life out of late bfps! :( damn hope :(
MrsK19

Postby Sarah83 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Lorraine & MrsK im so sorry about the bfn. Its always so disappointing.

Lorraine at least you are straight into ivf with no waiting around or time to dwell...imagine you'll be in Athens in a week or so!! Very exciting x

MrsK I know for you its a little tougher as you have the wait to start ivf...but similar to you this time last year I had 2 cancelled ivf cycles, one in sept and another in November and I was so disappointed but decided to enjoy the Christmas, let my hair down, enjoy a few drinks and Christmas food and went straight into another cycle in Jan. So I know today & for the next few days you'll be trying to get over this disappointment but ill bet soon you'll start to get really excited to start ivf...the odds are so much higher for a bfp vs iui...thinking of you x

Meander...wow! What an amount of follies! Thats unreal i cant imagine how they all fit lol! I would definitely be feeling really positive in your shoes x

Babydreams iv never heard of that. Is it a reason behind not getting pregnant? Great its being treated but how annoying you are missing out on the wine!
Sarah83

Postby MeanderGo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:26 pm

Babydreams did they give you any info on possible impact on fertility in the past? Might it have been a reason for bfn so far? At least you've the MRI soon and hopefully that will give you more info to work with and make a plan. Information is always a good thing! Treat yourself to a mocktail instead. I finding they're filling the gap quite well :-)
MrsK keep up that googling! We all need hope, even if we're stretching science ;-) I love a good "own interpretation" approach. Book in for a consultation with the doc asap and then you're looking to 2020 and this morning will be forgotten quickly.
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:32 pm

Thanks girls your comments all really help. I was just short of taking a microscope out earlier with the frer wondering if the line was just a bit shy. In a moment of sad comedy I was picturing myself dismantling the test to try find it inside somewhere, haven't quite lost it to that extent yet but wouldn't surprise me!
MrsK19

Postby Sarah83 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:44 pm

Ahem ahem MrsK iv done that before,
Taking apart a frer haha!!! Only because i saw other ladies online do it so decided to see for myself. Oh yes the crazy is real when your so desperate to see a second line! X
Sarah83

Postby Babydreams87 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:40 pm

Thanks meander that’s a great idea I am getting tired of the Heineken zeros :) so it may be a prolactinoma which is a non cancerous growth on the pituitary but the MRI will confirm or rule this out.
MrsK, meander and Sarah I was told a high prolactin level can in some cases inhibit ovulation. So it has the possibility to impact fertility. Hopefully this will help us. If we have no BFP after Christmas it is off to IUI in Feb/March.

Sarah I was reading back and I missed your BFP massive congrats lady xxx
Babydreams87

Postby LorraineG » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:09 pm

This is also a great non alcoholic option...im hoping I'll be stocking up for Christmas!!

Babydreams it must be scary even if your sure its benign...hope you're doing ok after hearing that! Good to have some kind of answer that can hopefully be fixed without too much trouble.

Mrsk...I think the crazy sets in more with a bfn coz you cant get any lower!! Last year I POAS every day for about 8 days when I got a bfn on my FET. Must check if there was actually a jump in frer share price last Jan?!
Attachments
8410384003016_3.jpeg
8410384003016_3.jpeg (67.76 KiB) Viewed 26 times
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:19 pm

Hey girls thinking of you all. Only jumping into say hi. Still getting it over it all and deciding on next steps. For now we’ve adopted a 1 year old pup to help us get through it xx
MrsA

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance