Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby LorraineG » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:59 pm

Awwwww! Send us a pic! Take all the time you need xx
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:40 am

Ah MrsA that's great!! What a way to start a family, and a fabulous way to lift your spirits. My cousin and her husband have a cat which they are infatuated with and refer to as their "practice baby" (they're also having loads of fertility issues). My bro also has 2 hairy babies (dogs). Think it's a great idea. And yes, would love a photo!!!
Babydreams, hope you enjoy those mocktails and aren't worrying too much. I know the back of one's head loves a good dwell though. Keep up the positive thinking!
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:40 am

Good morning ladies how are we all this morning?
Mrsk how are you doing? Thinking of you x
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:55 am

Morning all. I am doing ok. I had to test this morning as it was my official test date but no surprises with the blank white space staring back from where my lovely second line was supposed to be. Am feeling better thou. Ringing the clinic with my results this morning and making appointment to see doc for ivf. Do you have to wait for af Lorraine or when do you start?
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:37 am

Just need af to start today/tomorrow and I'm good to go!! Started getting tiny bit of spotting yesterday and same this morning so fingers crossed it will start proper soon! Have acupuncture this afternoon to encourage it along too!
Its horrible staring at those stark white tests. Glad you're feeling ok...make sure to do nice things for yourself this week and fingers crossed they can get you in asap for a chat about ivf. You'll get there hun...the waiting just makes it worth so much more xxx
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Appointment set up with the doctor for 2m morning which is great. No af yet but I took my last progesterone last night so it should be along soon. So excited for you Lorraine :)
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:40 pm

That's great your appointment is so soon mrsk! Have you a list of questions for him? I know everyone and each case is different but I'd def advise asking if there are any more tests or things that you should have checked out before starting? And supplements etc...you're probably on loads already but just in case theres anything else. Do you mind me asking what your issue is? Is it ovulation problems when they went iui first? Or just unexplained infertility (which is the biggest load of bullshit phrase anyone ever came up with!) Can barely remember what my own issues are never mind anyone else's!!
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:49 pm

I am in the amazing category of unexplained. Have regular cycles, ovulation fine, egg reserve fine (I am 36), husband's sperm is good. Can't even remember all the other things that are "fine" but I know there is something because 3 years of dtd all around ovulation has to mean something is up. They recommended iui because my reserve is ok and they couldn't see any issues. Sometimes my af is a couple of days late so I think my issue is implantation or retaining pregnancy but also never got a bfp before iui so think there might be something going on around registering hcg because I think af is delayed because of pregnancy but it not showing. I have never been able to be on the pill because the hormones turn me into a crazy person so I think there is something there on my hormones.
MrsK19

Postby MeanderGo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:47 pm

That's great you've got an appt so soon MrsK. Def helps with the moving on from disappointment. I wonder if there are any tests you can do re hormones because if it's an implantation issue, would IVF attempts fall victim to the same problem? Or with the extra monitoring during IVF, can they potentially balance the hormones levels? Someone with more experience with IVF than me may be able to shine some light on that!
Go on Lorraine! Exciting times coming right up! I'd say you're bouncing off walls.
Had final scan this morning before ec on Thursday. Very excited! Ovaries are "kissing" apparently, they're so large. Have to admit it's getting quite uncomfortable. And they're only ovaries. I wonder how people manage with a full baby inside them, or even twins! But the nurse did say that buserilin might reset my system in a few days as opposed to taking a whole month off, which could be great news about moving faster. Although I had already started to book in different boozy events...! I'm nearly more looking forward to the extended weekend :-)
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:18 pm

Meander see what works best for you...if you feel your body needs a bit of a break take it or if you're ready to get going and your body cooperates go for it! Exciting to be nearly there!!
Mrsk its possibly more a progesterone thing than hcg not registering. Progesterone stops the lining from shedding and gives the embryo a chance to implant. On a natural cycle you might want to monitor progesterone levels at 7dpo but with ivf you'll be taking it post transfer so should be ok. Did you say you bled while on the progesterone before? If you did I'd be asking for them to look into a higher dose for you going forward. I know it sounds horrible but ivf will give them a lot more info about whether it's more an egg or sperm issue as they can see fertilisation and growth. Hopefully even just having them getting it on in the petrie dishes will solve your problem and you wont give a crap what was going on before!

Can I give you some advice that I most definitely wouldn't have listened to myself (so feel free to ignore me!) If your 1st ivf doesn't work...and I really really hope it does and you can tell me I'm being stupid!...but if it doesn't allow yourself some time to get more in depth testing done based on how the embabies develop and try to get to the root of the problem before trying again. The clinics here will be saying it's just bad luck and try again but I regret not getting deeper testing done sooner...could have saved myself a fair bit of heartache! I'm only saying it now because I know how blinkering it can be if a cycle fails and all you want to do is jump back on and try again especially when the doctors are saying theres nothing obviously wrong. But deeper testing will help pinpoint whether the reason is egg, sperm or womb related and you can fix it instead of shooting in the dark. Sorry if that sounds like I'm being a negative Nellie!
Afm...af arrived about half an hour after acupuncture!! Delighted as it takes the stress off me wondering if I'd have to reschedule my scan tomorrow. I know that sounds like a stupid thing to be worrying about but this is all new territory for me going abroad and my anxiety doesn't like new situations!!
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:32 pm

Thanks girls you are right, I defo need to grill the doc 2m on what testing options are there. If they need to do more tests I would like to get them all out of the way now rather than waiting for another failed cycle.

Meander that is great that you might get to move on quicker than you thought but make sure you are ready for it.

Lorraine that is great af is here. So scan 2m and when do you head off to Greece?
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:16 pm

All going well should be heading over Saturday or Sunday! Excited! Just nervous that something might go wrong and the whole thing goes belly up!
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:22 pm

Wow that is brilliant. Did you say you could be there for a week altogether?
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:58 pm

2 weeks I'd say mrsk. I'll get there for day 6 of stims, hopefully egg collection around day 12ish and then a 5 day transfer so need to be there about 12 days and with flight times etc I'll prob have a day either side over there. I know some people have done their day 6 scan at home and then travel closer to egg collection but I'm not working and not bothered about being over there a bit longer in the sun!
Fingers crossed everything goes well tomorrow!!
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:19 am

That's brilliant Lorraine. I hadn't fully taken in what the next 2-3 weeks were for you. Post-investigations-fixer-upper IVF and a 2 week break in the sunshine. What a delightful combo. I'm a little jealous that I'm only getting as far as the Clonskeagh clinic...!! I can imagine the relief of the at arriving on time when there's so much to fall into place around it. Can't wait to hear the updates :woohoo
MrsK good luck with the appt tomorrow. Make a list of questions before you get there! I always come out forgetting to ask at least two questions I have. Really hope you can get some answers, or at least a plan to get some answers.
MrsA, hope the puppy has your heart melted!!
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:02 am

That's great Lorraine. Hopefully you will have a chance to relax a bit while you are out there. Bring a few good books.

Meander 2 more sleeps for you till ec. It will be an exciting few days then waiting to hear how they all get on. When will you decide whether to wait till January or to go ahead with transfer this cycle?
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:10 am

Good luck today mrsk...hope they are able to give you some answers and a good plan!
I'll be loading up the kindle later this week (if I do it sooner I'll have everything read beforehand!) And bringing my now TV stick for movies and Netflix! And I've a list a mile long of things I want to see and do...must remember I have to relax too!! Must say I'm excited this morning! :D
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:22 pm

MrsK how did this morning go? Any potential plans forming?
Lorraine, you haven't booked flights yet no? Did you need to wait until your scan today? How did it go? I'm amazed by all your knowledge about progesterone etc. I feel I should up my game and do some research. Maybe if it doesn't work out I'll pay more attention!
MrsK I should know within the week I think if starting quickly is an option. I'll be taking buserelin tonight as the trigger and at comes very quickly with that as opposed to ovitrelle. And it'll be a scan when af comes. I'm not too hopeful that the body will be up for a quick turnaround, and I'm happy hoping there won't be a decision to make as I'm really indecisive!
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:25 pm

Scan went really well! Got the go ahead to start stims tomorrow night so delighted with that! 26 fkllivles counted so in on the egg white protocol too!! Frantically waiting for dh to get home so I can start booking stuff!! I'll update soon! X
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Great Lorraine lots of follies there.

My appointment went ok. I got an appointment for 14 November for a training day with nurses on ivf and am booked in to start ivf in January. Am a little unhappy with the timing as I don't know why they couldn't have arranged the training to have been done and dusted so I could start with this cycle. If the training turns out to be explaining ivf and the needles I won't be impressed because I know all of that. Af is not here yet and prob won't be here until Thurs so am a little annoyed to miss 2 months because they didn't listen to me when I said I wanted to go straight to ivf. Have amh repeat bloods 2m so they can check what dose of stims to put me on so I might just put some more pressure on them 2m and ask why they are not starting me when af arrives. Didn't get real other info on why it might not have worked or what they learned from iui. I had to remind the doc about orgalutran setting me back and they didn't know anything about the allergic reaction I had to the anaesthetic when I had my hysteroscopy. I wasn't very confident that they are looking at my specific case.
MrsK19

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance