Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MeanderGo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:25 pm

Thanks for all the comments girls. Gonna sit down with DH now and look at the best and worst outcome of each option.
I'm so excited for you Lorraine! Everything booked and ready! Your need-for-organisation-brain must be delighted with all the plans. I can't wait to hear how you get along, tan and all ;-)
MrsA absolutely agree with Lorraine. They're the experts, they should be able to come up with a number of options for you that don't go anywhere near the donor eggs route. Put the pressure on - they charge enough! How are you feeling? Are the emotions anyway improved? Possibly a very dumb question, sorry! How's the puppy??
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:11 am

Meander what a bloody curve ball! All you can do is go through the options and go with the one that feels right for you. The security of 3 cycles is great and makes it more tempting to take the chance. You would like to think they could learn from it and adjust for next time. It is a lot to go through not to go ahead to collection. Good luck with the decision.
MrsK19

Postby MeanderGo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:32 am

Thanks MrsK. I don't think we're any closer to making a decision! We're meeting the consultant in the morning and will look for more info. The first timer in me wants to be reckless and just do it. But then I'm trying to balance that with the possible outcome of getting 2 eggs which don't fertilise. Anyhow, we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Did you get any further with contacting your clinic for extra info re what's on the nurse class/starting date for IVF etc?
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:47 am

Good luck this morning meander!
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Jeez Lorraine, do you sleep at all!? Thanks for the message. Back home again now. Decided to cancel cycle. We were leaning towards going through with it yesterday, but today we felt that it's not a great start to a cycle and there are still so many stages to come with a high attrition rate at each. Our doc said he wouldn't go through with it if it was him, and he's convinced we can get a great haul with a few tweaks. So no frosties this side of Christmas (original hope was for early October!). But in good news, we get the keys to our new place this evening so that's pretty sweet!
I'm wandering around like a drunk person now, although I think I needed a stronger dose of the sedative. I was awake for it all and it was A LOT of discomfort. Now, time for a snooze!
Sarah, one more week until 12 week scan is it??
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:24 pm

Been having trouble last few nights meander! Waking at stupid o'clock and not able to get back asleep!
I know its not ideal but I think it's a good decision. Did they give you any indication when you could start again? Have they got some plan to increase the lh? Maybe more luveris or switch to menopur which is more natural as far as I know? Rest up now after the sedative today and keep up with your egg whites!! ;) I'm aiming for 8 a day and its bloody hard!!
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:49 pm

I go through phases of wandering the livingroom at night. Me and 3am are good friends! Not surprising though if you're off to serum soon. Just googled the weather forecast there, low 20s. Not bad!
We won't get another shot before Christmas so it's January before next cycle begins. A bit frustrating, esp looking at all the other lost months. But anyway! They're looking at possibly lowering my dose while stimming so I could potentially take ovitrelle instead of buserilin as the trigger.
Here's your lh tutorial to supplement those certs :D He explained that the extra injection of LH at the end pushes the eggs to maturity and to be released. Ovitrelle is an injection of LH, while buserilin causes you to empty your own tank of LH. I have low lh with PCO, so there wasn't enough to get me past the line. My estradial is really high from so the growing follicles so it would have been dangerous for me to take ovitrelle (presumably ohss?). I took ovitrelle on my first tsi cycle (which is effectively the same as iui/IVF but you have real sex 36 hours after trigger!) and I couldn't walk for the pain. So of they keep my lh low and grow the follicles slower, I could take a bigger trigger. Or there might be other options like menopur. He doesn't expect it to happen again, data says (apparently) that it's unusual and not recurrent.
No issues about hiding non-alcoholic drinks for me over Christmas! What date are you flying, Saturday? When will dh join you?
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:48 pm

Flying out Sunday and dh will follow Friday for a few days and then I'll wait on my own for transfer. I'm pretty much sorted just need to clean the house a bit and remember to take all the meds out of the fridge! Could you imagine forgetting them?!
I know its frustrating waiting but at least you know they have a good plan and the break between cycles can only be a good thing for your body. Good to know a bit more about the lh side too!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:24 pm

Yup Meander 12 wk scan next wk, it cant come fast enough! Look I think in your case cancelling was probably a good move. Im so sorry it went this way but honestly the first cycle really is a learning curve to see what can be tweaked for better results for the next go. And on the upside you can enjoy the Christmas with a few drinks!

Lorraine...very excited for you that its all booked!! And definitely make the most of it and treat it as a holiday and eat loads of gyros for me!!

Hope your doing ok MrsA. I know your so nervous about them bringing up donor...so you can say off the bat your not ready to consider that before they even have the chance to mention it. This is your life your choice and your money. So the decision is yours. If they are telling you that you have an excellent quality embryo on day 3 that thats a positive right there. But I would definitely consider further testing before cycling again. I would also insist on leaving them go to blast. That will tell you an awful lot about quality etc. Its such a minefield hun and i know it makes you so fearful for the future and the unknown. But there are still lots of options x
Sarah83

Postby MrsK19 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:42 pm

Meander sorry about your cycle. You have done the brave thing thou and the most sensible given the odds. Not sure I would have been strong enough to make that call so fair play to you. Relax for a few days now and treat yourself. We will hopefully be cycling together in January.
Lorraine you must be getting excited now. Sounds like nice temperatures out there too which will be nice.
Sarah amazing that your 12 week scan is nearly here. You will have to send us on a pic.
MrsK19

Postby MrsK19 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:53 pm

Meant to say I thought about it and decided not to push the clinic about going before Christmas. Taking a little break might be better given how I can react a bit funny to the hormones sometimes. I am with the Merrion Fertility Clinic in Dublin.
MrsK19

Postby MeanderGo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:47 pm

It is frustrating to wait MrsK but when it means you're mentally in a better place for it, it's worth all those lost weeks. When things are stressful, you lose sight of sense and priorities and go steamrolling down that rabbit hole (I've admittedly led that charge!).
Glad we'll be cycling together in January. I'm tempted to book myself in for 2nd to start with a bang!
Merrion fertility was recommended to us by a consultant gynecologist/obstetrician. They're supposed to be very good. But I think the onus is on us to make sure we get their best service *strongarmemoji*
MeanderGo

Postby MeanderGo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:48 pm

And yes Sarah, please upload a photo next week. It'll get the ovaries psyched up!!
MeanderGo

Postby MrsA » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:09 pm

Thanks girls.

Meander I’m sorry you didn’t get to go ahead but I do think it’s the right move to make and They can learn from this.

Lorraine to be fair they do a double trigger with me - it’s ovitrelle and a touch of buserlin which is to optimise quality. I’ll tell them I’m not ready for donor yet, dh doesn’t think they’ll go there yet. I’ll ask him would there be any investigations for the uterus to try and see if there’s an implantation issue. Defo getting dh to do a dna frag. And then going to get a second opinion although not sure where. I’m thinking beacon and Merrion. We’ll see what they say. I just don’t feel they’ll have much answers for me. Sorry to be such a downer girls. Just feel I’ll never get there.
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:31 am

Mrsa...its so hard to feel like anything can work out when you've been through such a ringer. How long has your body been pushed and your emotions been pulled by hormones, hope, devastation? I broke after almost a full year of artificially controlling my cycles and pushing myself to feel positive all the time...and do you know what? I feel so much better for the break of the last few months. I've felt shit, impatient, negative and like we will never get there...and I've finally come full circle to being ok again. Give yourself a little leeway honey...as shit as it is I think it's all part of getting there. Take a little break over Christmas knowing that you have a plan for January of getting a second opinion and doing some deeper testing. If you're thinking about uterus investigations I would definitely recommend going to serum for aquascan/hysteroscopy. It only takes 2 days and they are so unbelievably thorough. Tell them you're not sure if you'll be able to cycle with them but you've heard about their investigations... they get people like that all the time.
LorraineG

Postby LorraineG » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:23 pm

Meander how are you feeling today? Are you sore after yesterday?
Mrsk how are you feeling now?
Sarah how are all your little signs today? Next week must feel a million miles away.
Just done with day 3 of injections! It was definitely like riding a bike...although I think my skin has added an extra few layers in the last few months! Gave myself a whopper bruise yesterday!!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:56 pm

I seem to feel sick every second day only Lorraine its quite bizarre! Ah sure your a pro at this stage with the injections! I cant wait to finish the clexane. The injection sites are quite tough now, another 3 wks i think!
You'll have to keep us all updated every step of the way...your the only one to cycle now this side of Christmas!
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:04 pm

No pressure!! Dh has already said about a hundred times "wouldn't it be a lovely Christmas present!" I could kill him!! Well not til after next week ;)
At least it is still every second day...some bit of reassurance. Roll on next Thursday!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:20 pm

Na no pressure at all!!! We'll all be here rooting for you hun...i hope ur excited more than nervous now...haha they always know what to say dont they!!!
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:56 pm

Yeah the excitement has definitely taken the driver seat! Just want to get there now!!
LorraineG

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance