Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MeanderGo » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:17 am

Hi ladies, happy Friday!
2 more sleeps Lorraine, I could nearly dance with excitement for you! Please do post all details of everything over the next few days because it'll be pretty quiet otherwise with loads of us waiting til after Christmas. Awww bless his lil self "wouldn't it be a lovely Christmas present!". You daren't hope to believe, but then again we just can't help ourselves!
Feeling pretty ok today (still took the day off work, shucks). Although I'm half afraid that what I've put down as swelling is now just the result of lack of exercise and a crappy diet the last few weeks #nowheretohideanymore. We're happy we made the right decision. We can deal with the cancelled cycle, esp as it's our first time. Having a terrible outcome having gone through it would have been so much tougher, and we would have been angry with ourselves for going through it knowing it was compromised. Have meeting with consultant at the end of the month so that'll give us a new plan for jan. And thoroughly enjoyed a nice glass of red this evening :-)
Glad to hear you're doing well Sarah, and you're getting a day off every other day. At least that helps with scheduling things!! Are you finished with serum now and transferred to a hospital here?
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:23 am

That's a really good way to put it meaner...I daren't hope it believe! It sums it up perfectly. I've basically spent the last 3 christmases hoping and thinking that we would be sharing happy news as Christmas presents so I'm just not thinking about it this year! Or trying anyway!!
I'm delighted you feel like you made the right decision...its such pressure trying to know what's right and what's going to work or not work. I've said it before and I'll say it again...where's the crystal ball when you need it?!
Don't worry I'll have ye all bored stupid about Athens and serum!! ;)
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:18 am

Ye Christmas is a tough one isn't it. I remember saying to DH when we started trying in Dec 2016 that it was our last Christmas with just us. Am glad I didn't know then what lay ahead but then again if I did I prob would have landed in for ivf on 1 January 2017! Really hope this one brings good news for you Lorraine, it would be so lovely to have someone following in Sarah's footsteps before Christmas. And hopefully the rest of us can join you and on a nice Autumn 2020 train. I went for a few drinks last night. First drink in ages.
MrsK19

Postby MeanderGo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:09 am

Happy flying today Lorraine!! How are you feeling? How are all the stims going so far?
Ah the old Crystal Ball... Even if it was just to say "it's going to be a slow burner, many failed attempts, but you'll strike gold in early 2020". You could go through the long months so much easier... Anyhow! Back to the world of open questions, uncertainty and a dash of hope!
Hope you enjoyed that drink MrsK. I think you deserve a few over the coming weeks. Make sure to choose the fancy ones too ;-)
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:33 am

Thanks meander! Getting antsy now...not about the flying but I always get stressed out about getting to the airport on time and delays and stuff! 1st flight out of local airport not til 1.30 so I've a bit to go yet!! Stims are going grand other than 2 monster bruises I managed to give myself!! How are you feeling? Ovaries settled down yet?
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:46 am

Safe travels Lorraine! Imagine this time tomorrow you'll have your scan in Serum! Its all happening, very excited for you xx

Good for you MrsK you deserved a few drinks x
Sarah83

Postby PepperPotts » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi I am wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation? TTC 2years diagnosed with mild endometriosis and had surgery to remove cysts and polyps.
We decided to try ovulation induction as my progesterone levels were 23 - 25 on cycle day 21. So I took gonal f 125 on days 4 6 8 10 went back for a scan on day 12 and had a follicle measuring 16 that had ovulated. Took bloods and progesterone came back at 42. I am very worried and will not get to speak to my consultant until Tuesday.
PepperPotts

Postby Sarah83 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi Pepperpot, I dont have any knowledge really about ovulation induction...im not really sure why you are concerned though? Is it that you ovulated before you expected? You progesterone level is good. Did you manage to dtd atound the time you would have ovulated?
Sarah83

Postby MrsK19 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:17 pm

Safe travelling Lorraine. Welcome pepperpots. I have been on gonal f for my iuis. Usually 50 a day was my dose. They gave me a trigger when they reached a 16 follicle on my first round to make me ovulate. I would imagine the important thing is doing the deed around the time of ovulation. I have had polyps removed too.
MrsK19

Postby Dotty37 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:37 pm

Best of luck Lorraine, will be following how your getting on x
Dotty37

Postby PepperPotts » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:13 pm

Sarah83 I am worried because the nurse said that my progesterone was 42 for cycle day 12 and that is a very high level and she gave the example of someone having that level on cycle day 21 so I am worried that my progesterone is extremely high now and I am worried that there is an underlying issue that I have not been made aware of. Thank you for your reply also MrsK did ovulation affect your progesterone levels maybe it is the gonal f
PepperPotts

Postby Sarah83 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:04 pm

Ah ok sorry pepperpotts i didnt get your question earlier, sorry im not much help. Iv never had mine tested at ovulation. I had ivf a couple of months ago and had a 3 day transfer and my progesterone was 89. A 3 day transfer would roughly be the same as 3 days after ovulation. And with my clinic there are many who have much higher than mine...this is after taking progesterone support. So based on this in my non expert opinion I wouldnt have thought 42 was too high!
Sarah83

Postby PepperPotts » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:33 pm

It's ok Sarah83 reading back I didn't explain it properly. It's just all so confusing for me. Just the vibe I got from the nurse and her concern that it was high. Maybe I am over analysing again. I had three follicles with one dominant being 16mm, my lining was 9.5 my oestrogen levels were normal so we are hoping for the best.
PepperPotts

Postby Sarah83 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:44 pm

Not at all we are all guilty of over analysing every little thing the nurse or doctor says, its impossible not too. Although 42 is a good number at day 21 (although its not necessarily day 21 for a lot of people, progesterone should be tested 7 days after ovulation and thats not necessarily going to be day 21 unless you ovulate on day 14) I think it may be high for just after ovulation...but my point is I wouldnt have thought this was a bad thing. But again Im really not sure. Hopefully your consultant can put your mind at ease on Tuesday.
Sarah83

Postby PepperPotts » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:54 pm

Yes exactly we will have to wait to speak with the doctor. Will let you know the outcome. Thank you for your help.
PepperPotts

Postby Sarah83 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:58 pm

No problem and best of luck!
Sarah83

Postby MrsK19 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:26 pm

Good luck with the doctor pepperpots. I wouldn't have thought progesterone being high would be a worry but don't know that much about it. Being too low would defo be a worry. Unless they are worried that they missed ovulation but once you are dtd you should be ok. Keep us posted.
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:56 am

Well girlies...I got here anyway!! Was after midnight when I finally made it into arrivals at athens airport from the outer reaches of the airfield (thanks ryanair!) I swear they'd park on the grass verges if it was cheaper!! Had 1st scan today and all good thank God! He didn't get too detailed counting follicles but could see 8+7 at a glance so fingers crossed theres lots of good eggies in there! Biggest were measuring 15mm so started cetrotide today..gotta love that itchy sting! Next scan Wednesday to see when egg collection will be. Can ye do me a favour and say a little prayer that its not before Saturday so I don't have to change dh's flights!!
Pepperpots I'm sorry I havnt a clue about tsi/iui type stuff but I do know that theres lots of contradictory info about too much progesterone. Beware of dr google and keep in mind there's two different measurements for progesterone if you are looking at international info. Nmol/l & ng/ml or something so don't mix the 2! Best of luck!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:09 am

Delighted you got there safe & well Lorraine. Did you find an apartment close to the clinic? Great number of follies aswell! Your only day 6 today arent you? The cetrotide will slow it all down so fingers crossed you wont have to change flights...that would be an awful dose. Hope you habe a nice day planned for yourself! X
Sarah83

Postby MrsK19 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Glad to hear you arrived safe and sound Lorraine. Will have everything crossed for you and hope you don't have to change flights. Dotty I saw you popping in there. You must be due soon are you?
MrsK19

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance