Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MeanderGo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:39 pm

15mm already Lorraine! That's some good stimming!! :D now time to slow those follies down! How does that compare with previous reactions to the stims? Are you on the same drugs as before or different ones/doses? How's Athens? Did you see much today?
Pepperpot, afraid I haven't a notion about progesterone levels. My system doesn't play by any acceptant rules so I've never had to keep track of things like that. Keeping fingers crossed for your appt tmw. Hope doc provides some reassurance.
Nearly there Sarah!!
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:01 am

Meander I was kind of surprised at how big they were myself! I've always thought I was a slower grower...have had meds increased mid cycle in the past! I'm on slightly different drugs but much lower dose. So at home I was 225/300 gonal f (fsh)+ 150 luveris (lh) and here I'm on 150 puregon (fsh) + 75 menopur (fsh+lh). I think the difference in growth is because there was no down regulation or pill before this cycle so my ovaries were just doing their normal thing and growing little follies away before cd1. I'm surprised they're growing so evenly though as I kind of thought one would be ahead of the bunch a bit with the more natural lead up. Sure we'll see what happens!!
Pepperpots I'll try and suss out the too much progesterone thing when I'm doing transfer!
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:58 am

Lorraine glad you’re over there and can’t believe this has come around so fast. Will be thinking of you xxx

Have our review appointment today. Dreading it, couldn’t sleep last night. Dh is telling me to get a grip but I feel like he’s going to tell us to throw in the towel with my eggs. Going to get a second opinion either way as just not feeling it at repromed anymore. Thinking the beacon and sims just because sims seem to do the auto immune testing x
MrsA

Postby MrsK19 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:57 am

Good luck with the appointment MrsA. If they do suggest donor eggs they should be able to give you information about their rational for that and what specific issue they have identified with your eggs and how they have tried to resolve it. Don't despair if you don't get answers today. Any info you can get will be helpful to try help you decide your next steps even if that means getting a second opinion.
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:26 pm

Good luck today mrsa...this review is just another step on the ladder. Let us know how you get on xx
LorraineG

Postby Dreambaby » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi MrsA, I just wanted to let you know that I was told to look into donor eggs too. I had 3 cycles which were cancelled/ not getting to blastocyst. Only actually got to do one transfer of one day 3 transfer. I put DH on clomid and anastrozole for 3 months and went for a final cycle last march. His count shot up and all parameters improved drastically. Got 16 eggs, 12 mature, 6 fertilised. 3 very good embryos, 1 a little behind and 2 poor. As this was my last cycle with own eggs, i opted (with DH approval) to transfer 3 day 3 embryos. ( my heart couldn’t decide between them and I’d rather know I did everything). 3 were transferred on day and three were allowed to grow in lab. I got a call on day 5 to say one had grown to blastocyst. It gave me hope for the three I transferred. I’m 36 weeks pregnant with a single baby and can’t wait to meet him/her on 10th of December. Sorry for long winded post but my point is that nobody cares as much as you about your cycle and you need to keep pushing for what you want regardless of what they say.
Dreambaby

Postby LorraineG » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Dream delighted your getting on so well! 10th dec wont be long coming around at all!! And your dead right in what you say...only each of us truly know what we want deep down and how we want to get there.
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:45 pm

Thanks for the feedback girls. Sorry I’ve been hogging the thread with my depressing moods. Our review appointment was ok - he did say donor eggs but said it was plan b. He just wanted to start bringing it up so I knew it was an option which I can understand. He’s happy with dh sperm sample but is happy to do a dna frag just to check it off and give us confidence that all ok. He absolutely thinks it’s an egg issue. He said of then11 eggs some weren’t even good enough to be immature. He said if we go again he wants to try a hormone injection that studies say can improve egg quality. I don’t think it’s included in dps card tho so probably will cost a bomb. He thinks that’s the last thing we can do to try and improve but did state he’s seen couples like us go onto success and he’s not telling us to stop trying yet. It can take rounds and rounds before success happens.

Ultimately I don’t know how I feel. I was ok leaving but then just seems like such a long and draining road ahead of us. Sorry I promise from tomo I’ll be more positive. I just feel like I’m grieving or something. I’m so aware that I’m lucky in so many other aspects of my life but this is just so. Damn. hard.
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:37 pm

Mrsa of course you're still grieving. These cycle fails are a huge loss...loss of confidence, loss of trust, loss of hope and above all loss of your little embabies. If you still feel shit tomorrow that's ok! You'll get your hope and positivity back when you're ready for them. I have an infinite number of inspirational messages saved on my phone for just these occasions so here you go hun. Xxx
Attachments
FB_IMG_1557472532407-176x240.jpg
FB_IMG_1557472532407-176x240.jpg (26.34 KiB) Viewed 54 times
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:52 pm

MrsA unfortunately it can take a couple of extra rounds which is so hard to hear. Im really glad he is not ruling out your own eggs and also has suggestions. Definitely take a breather & a time out and reassess. If money is an issue (which is was for me) and my failed round at home along with the 2 cancelled cycles and the freezing and then the fet we were at about the 10k mark and we just couldn't even consider that going into our next round. With my current clinic in Greece its 4k for 2 rounds. I know there were additional costs with travel & tests etc but still worked out cheaper. There are also cheaper clinic in the czech Republic. Obviously this could be a stretch for you but maybe worth thinking about it. I know its really daunting getting your head around cycling abroad. In saying all that your consultant does sounds supportive and thats great. Im so sorry as I understand this process is mentally exhausting aswell as the physical toll. Its not easy xx

Lorraine I hope your getting on ok! Best of luck with your scan tomorrow! X
Sarah83

Postby MeanderGo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:12 am

MrsA there's never a need to apologise. Sometimes we just get a bit stuck, and the more you try to force a happy smile, the more you cry on the inside. Just take your time and one of these days you'll wake up and genuinely feel more positive and ready to go again. Don't pressure yourself. And sure that's why we're here, it can't be all technical and niceties ;-)
The feedback about the investigations in serum is really good, so while it's great to have the option from your consultant in your back pocket, it could be an idea to look at all possible lines of attack. And flying off season will def help with the costs. Plus, a change of scenery, climate, and clinician might be all your need to get that burst of hope again.
Dreambaby I didn't know your story, it's fabulous!! Much better than "oh, yeah, we were trying for 6 months..." Grrrr!!! Do you think people who have kids who were born through all this extra assistance ever tell them when they're older? DH is already planning on telling our first born just how much they set us back :-D
MeanderGo

Postby MeanderGo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:17 am

Lorraine I see now why you we saying my gonal-f dose was low (I have no idea what's high or low in any medication!). I find this process so fascinating (& frustrating) that reactions are so different with everyone and with the same person. Ovaries are so ridiculously temperamental. Can't wait to hear how they fare in the scan tomorrow.
Pepperpots, how did your appt go today? Hope it was good news??
MeanderGo

Postby MrsA » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:21 am

Thanks gurls you’re all great. It’s a lot to think about. Right now I just want to go straight to donor because I don’t think I can face another round of heartbreak using my own eggs but part of me feels we should try again. Hubby wants to go abroad and was looking at serum. Half of me wants to because it’s less money but other half of me would prefer Ireland just because it’s home. I need to get a second opinion. I’ve emailed a few clinics but nobody has come back yet.

Dream what clinic were you with if you don’t mind me asking?

Lorraine good luck today with scan will be thinking of you xx
MrsA

Postby Dreambaby » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:44 am

I was with waterstone clinic in cork. They were good in many ways but I felt they had a once size fits all approach that I didn’t agree with. My DH had a very low count in which they said icsi would bypass. I was the patient all the way. They didn’t really look at ways on how to improve/increase sperm count/quality. It was just assumed I had an egg quality issue. I know that you were told DH is fine, I would still work on improving quality. Clomid worked for my DH. Regarding egg quality, I would push to use lower meds to see if that helps quality and I would transfer at least two on day 3. I know it can be frustrating with no guarantee but you will get there. You have to believe that. After 5 yrs, I am proof of that. Although I hope your journey will be shorter
Dreambaby

Postby Dreambaby » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:45 am

Best of luck today Lorraine. Keeping fingers crossed for you Xx
Dreambaby

Postby LorraineG » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:23 pm

Mrsa sounds like you have a lot to think about. I know I sound like a mad pusher or one of those really irritating telesales people but I cannot recommend serum enough. I got 2 hugs in there today because I said I was feeling nervous! And the embryologist sat down with me and eased my mind loads about ivf/icsi/imsi worries I had.
Aside from price I feel like they have taken my whole history into account. I am responding really well to about 1/2 the drugs I was on here which can only be good for quality and I know they have and use the best technology and try new techniques if they feel they need to. One ladys husband recently had really bad dna fragmentation and they used some new technique to get the sample down to almost perfect. There was talk of having it written up for a journal!
I wont lie...the last minute booking of flights was stressful but I'm literally doing nothing but relaxing while I'm here. Had a couple of wanders around the old part of the city but nothing major and I feel so relaxed and easy about the whole process.
I've also heard good things about Brno clinic in Czech republic and Gennet has always been a popular one. Theres a fertility forum on in croke park on Saturday...might be of interest and if you want to ask me any serum specific questions fire away!
So today's scan went well again...no detailed count or measurements but looked like 4-5 good follies on one ovary and 6-7 on the other so I'm happy with that! Increase on menopur tonight and another scan tomorrow morning. Thank God I don't have to worry about dh's flight now!! Getting excited!!
Dream...always great hearing your story!
Sarah how are you coping? Your mind must be whirling with your scan tomorrow. I'm thinking of you xx
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:08 pm

Sounds like the dream cycle Lorraine. Let's hope it ends with the dream result! Any updates on the amazing Greek food...?? ;-) everything sounds really positive. Glad you're in such a good head space and all is still on target with dh's flight. Not an extra expense you'd want to incur.
I think history is so important in any medical field. Plus mentally you need to feel you're being listened to.
And in potentially positive news...I had a scan this morning to make sure all is going back to normal (still large but generally on track). Couldn't resist asking whether we could go again before Christmas (even though doc said leave it til Jan). Answer was go in pill now, have follow-up consultation with doc on 27th Nov with another scan, and if all is looking ok, we might get some frosties in before Christmas! We might not also, but still. Love a little bit of hope :D :D plus being a very organised person who loves a plan, this might bring me back within reach of having something in the freezer by end 2019. Sure we'll see. I find it amusing that I'm on the pill more often ttc than when we weren't trying!
MeanderGo

Postby Sarah83 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Lorraine im just thrilled everything is going according to plan for you! Everything is sounding so positive xx yes so nervous for tomorrow. And its a late afternoon appointment so a bit of a wait!

Meander that sounds fab! It would be fab to be able to cycle before xmas! X
Sarah83

Postby MrsA » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:01 pm

Thanks dream for the information. I might try Waterstone and sims. It’s just all so much to take in and I find I’m just frozen completely. Might go to the exhibition on Saturday, dh has already refused in case he sees someone he knows lol.

Lorraine so happy it’s going well xxx

Sarah best of luck tomo xx
MrsA

Postby Sarah83 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:19 pm

MrsA I was also with Waterstones. And although they are a lovely clinic & all the staff are so nice etc, I personally wouldn't recommend them for you. They are great with "straight forward" cases. After my 2 chemicals this year I asked what we would do different next time and I was told no changes. So blast me again with high dose stims which probably effected my egg quality. I questioned was my uterus potentially an issue I was told no. Prior to even starting ivf with them we were told dh sperm was normal and it wasnt. It was after my own research etc that we improved that side of things and got pregnant naturally (ectopic). Never recommended supplements for either of us.
So I think if you want someone to think outside the box for you etc I personally dont think they are the clinic for you. As Dream said aswell they were suggesting donor eggs for her and the issue was never the eggs it was the sperm.
Sarah83

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance