Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MrsK19 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:36 am

Great to hear your scans went well Lorraine and great that you don't have to change the flights. Sounds like the follies are doing well too and I am sure the relaxing out there is doing you the world of good. MrsA I think the most stressful part at times is the bit when you are in between plans trying to decide what to do next. Once you have decided you will be able to focus on whatever your new plan is and that will help.
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:04 pm

Egg collection Saturday!! Triggering at fecking 1.30am tonight coz saturday morning is booked up and collection will be 12.30. So poor dh will have hangry, anxious Lorraine to deal with Saturday morning! He's already asked if he can change his flights and arrive after I've been sedated!! Lol!
Penny did my scan today and reckons they could get between 15 and 20 eggs!!! I cant believe it...on half the meds! 14 was the most I've gotten before. Part of me wishes it was a smaller number so I won't be wondering about the quality but I just hope and pray it will all work out!
Sarah...thinking of you! X
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:23 pm

Lorraine if anything they should be better quality with the low dose! What an amazing outcome so far! Delighted x
Thanks appointment not till later im a bag of nerves to the point i feel sick! X
Sarah83

Postby MrsA » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:37 pm

Lorraine that’s amazing. Best of luck. Thinking about doing the questionnaire at weekend and sending it jn. Just as not to feel totally useless.

Sarah thinking about you this morning it’ll go fab xxx
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:22 pm

Mrsa...I feel a bit like a stalker or drug dealer again but this just popped up on the Facebook group and I thought of you straight away! Definitely fill up the questionnaire...that's exactly why I did it...so I felt like I was doing something proactive with all the waiting!
Attachments
Screenshot_20191114-161815_Facebook-180x370.jpg
Screenshot_20191114-161815_Facebook-180x370.jpg (51.46 KiB) Viewed 94 times
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:32 pm

Oh Lorraine thanks so much for this xx
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:41 pm

It's in their fb page if you want to read it without giving yourself a headache! Sorry I didnt realise it would go so small and squiggly!!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:32 pm

All perfect girls thanks for the support today I was bawling again! Measuring 3 days ahead aswell xxx

MrsA I would highly recommend you go if you can. Penny is so lovely and so wants to help us get pregnant, shes very passionate about it xx
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:41 pm

Oh fantastic Sarah!! The relief!! And 3 days ahead is amazing!! I am so so so happy for you x
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Thanks so much Lorraine. The relief is actually indescribable!! Xx
Sarah83

Postby MrsK19 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:10 pm

Woohoo! Congrats Sarah. Delighted for you :)
MrsK19

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Thanks so much MrsK xxx
Sarah83

Postby MeanderGo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:01 am

Amazing Sarah! Bawl away. You've earned these happy emotions. Huge congrats. Awwww, it's going to be so incredible telling everyone. How long were you ttc again? Such a great outcome xx
Woohoo Lorraine!! That's fantastic news. And I agree with Sarah, lower meds should def mean good egg quality. That'll be a nice haul. I do feel for you about the time though. I'd be swinging for the nearest person if it were me :D
MrsA, I think that visit to Dublin might be the gods showing you they're listening to your plan for a second opinion. What better way to get psyched up again too. Hopefully that'll give you a nice lift.
Hope you're keeping well MrsK and the weeks don't seem too long!
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:12 am

Thanks Meander. I was in for my ivf consultation today. The nurse was so nice but they were just showing me how to use the needles and took hiv test bloods so I was pretty disappointed that it was totally unnecessary and has led to a 2 month wait for me. It was €160 for the pleasure too. Considering I didn't even know I was getting needles for my first iui until the pharmacy handed them to me and I told them it must have been a mistake coz no one had mentioned needles to me up to that point. I thought the timing of training me on how to use them now was a bit mad. Hopefully the wait will be worth it. Am gonna try lose a little bit of weight in the meantime just to be in good shape for January.
MrsK19

Postby MrsA » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:54 pm

Thanks girls. Have spoken to hubby and we’re gonna fill out the questionnaire this weekend and try go on 7th. We’re also going to get second opinion from merrion and maybe sims. I know it’s mad and might not go through with both appointments but need to feel like I’m doing something productive.

Hormone they want to use on me is genotrophin. It’s relatively new but they’ve used it a couple of times in the past year and has shown results. App it’s linked to improving egg quality for older patients or those like me who seem to have reserve just no quality. Has anyone heard of it?

Spotting a lot today. TMI but it’s very dark nearly black. Have some mild pelvic pain too. I’m nearly a week after ovulation. Has this happened to anyone after a cycle?
MrsA

Postby Sarah83 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:02 pm

Lorraine the very best of luck with your egg collection!!! Cant wait to hear how u get on x

MrsA im sorry I havent had that before. I dont know what it could be. Very frustrating when you dont know whats going on with your own body. Glad your looking into getting second opinions. It can do not harm at all and might give you some information xx

MrsK im sorry go hear that. Its a bit of a joke tbh. I would be fairly peeved handing over the money for that x
Sarah83

Postby MeanderGo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:29 am

MrsA, most of my afs are like that. Dark, gunky and not your average af (charming I know!), but every medical person I've told says that's fine. Mine are light but I'd still get lower back pain. I know yours might not be an af, but your body might just be resetting itself. All the meds we put into our system, I think our systems just get confused! I had a fair bit of spotting after our TSIs too. If it continues and you're worried, give the clinic a call, or do you have an on-call phone doctor service (I'm sure there's a snazzier title!) through your health insurers? Glad you're looking into the second opinion and going to the event on 7th. And if you see anyone you know there, they're there for the same reason so it'll be nice to know that not everyone is having it so easy (not in a bitter way, but in a misery love company kinda way ;-)). Afraid I haven't heard of that drug but I haven't had much experience in general.
MrsK that's so fecking annoying!! I would not be impressed. I'd be suggesting to them about a reduction in the cost of your next cycle in that they provided no guidance, training or instruction for your iui, and then brainlessly send you on this course when it should have been clear to them that you would have already mastered the injections. Hmmmmm, not a very good or personalised service... Grumble grumble...
MeanderGo

Postby MeanderGo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:31 am

Lorraine, GAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! We're so stoked for you! 10/11 hours to go! (Not sure if the time difference). Hopefully you'll be so excited you won't even notice the hunger gnawing away at you :D good luck!
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:38 pm

Well girlies...17 eggs!!! I'm still in shock! The embryologist said she could see maybe 3-4 looked a bit smaller so maybe immature but she will know tomorrow! Also she said sperm motility looked quite good and they were progressive (motility percentage and non-progressive has always been our problem) and morphology was about 8% normal (compared to about 4% at home) so looks like the sperm improvement protocol worked well for dh! They will be doing ivf rather than icsi or imsi so I'm a bit anxious about fertilisation rates but I trust them completely! Another step closer!!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:44 pm

Woohoo Lorraine!!!! Amazing on all fronts! Absolute fantastic result, just thrilled for ye! Roll on tomorrow for more news but im so confident for ye!!
Sarah83

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance