Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby LorraineG » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:51 pm

Oh meander...theres honestly so many sacrifices on this road and each one makes us sad and mad! Do your family know your situation? I'm sure they understand if they do. I had to give up my dream Caribbean cruise honeymoon because of that damn Zika virus!!
That's great about your follies...fingers crossed for a Friday collection for you! It definitely sounds like your more comfortable this cycle...always a good sign!
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:13 pm

Lorraine and meander thanks for listening to me. Fingers crossed for a Friday collection meander. It’s crappy about your brothers wedding but I’m sure he’ll understand esp if he knew what’s been going on. Lorraine super exciting about scan xxx

I’ve gone back to Penny with another hundred questions and I imagine I’m driving her mad already.

Hubby thinks we should go for two days in January and get the investigations and then decide on treatment plan. I think he might have a point and we shouldn’t bulldoze into it although again feel like I’m just losing more time. My sister is getting married February 2021 so I also need to be mindful of that which is a nightmare.

Lorraine did you do the period test and was it hard? Or did u do the hysteroscopy? I know you’ve told us all this but it’s so hard to Relember now that I need to know lol. Also if you cycle and don’t retrieve eggs do you get any monies back?
MrsA

Postby Sarah83 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:54 pm

Meander im delighted your scan is looking good! But im sorry about your brothers wedding. We do have to make so many sacrifices and its not fair but we have to do whatever we must. Ill be missing our friends wedding in july in spain. Dh is a groomsman and i grew up with the groom literally since he was born. Im so disappointed im missing it while dh goes but needs must. Baby will only be a few wks old. Obviously it doesn't compare to your brothers wedding but i do get it x

Lorraine cant wait to hear how your scan goes! As you know when i was 5+5 we just saw the gest & yolk sac but many women see even more but prob too early for a hb but u never know. You could see the fetal pole aswell. Very exciting xx

MrsA i also done the period blood test. Its easy. Just get a urine sample cup and collect a little menstrual blood and add a few drops of cool boiled water. Wrap it well in bubble wrap and into a small box. Send it via registered post but state its an ornament. It costs €300 but definitely worth it. Not a bad idea to go over & do the investigations first and they do really thorough investigations and an in depth semen analysis. Get a feel for it all. You could always cycle the following month but then you'll need to make a third trip for frozen transfer. A lot to think about i know. There is no charge if cancelled before egg collection as far as i know. Im not sure what the charge is if you go for egg collection and no eggs...however thats really unlikely to happen x

Both me & Lorraine done both the period blood tests & hysteroscopy . Well worth it x
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:50 pm

No bothers at all mrsa...sure were only delighted to help explain! Like sarah said catch a few drops in a urine sample bottle, post it as a gift or something! I think they can take a blood sample while they are doing hysteroscopy also though if that makes it easier...maybe check with Penny? I felt like I was driving them nuts too at the start backwards and forwards with questions but she honestly just wants what's best for her ladies and doesn't mind!
If your dh thinks it's best not to rush headfirst and get a feel for everything first maybe stick with that. For the 2 day trip you can book ahead as it can be any time of the month once you don't have your period. We flew in friday morning/lunch (check about winter flight times), met penny, she advised that I'd need hysto, serum staff explained what to do and where to go, got taxi to hospital for pre-OP tests (if your pre booked for forbhysto you could nearly go straight from the airport!), went back to hospital 6am Sat morning, was back in serum for about 11 I think to discuss what they found, and flew back that evening. You may need to see what works with flight times but shouldn't be longer than 2 nights over there.
I don't think they refund anything if egg collection happens but in fairness it's still a lot cheaper than here...and you should have something to collect even if it's just like Sarah with her one golden egg ;)
Please feel free to ask whatever questions you want! Xx
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:59 pm

Thanks girls. As always your great. She came back to me and was lovely as always explaining we could do it anyway I want. I think because everything went so badly for me form egg collection I’m worried collecting less eggs will mess be a crash and burn from the get go due to shitty quality but then again I guess I need the change and it hopefully might not go any worse then previous rounds.
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:26 pm

I don't mean to sound blasé mrsa but all you've got to loose is time and money, and serum will cost you less of both in the long run. What's more important is knowing you're giving it your best chance by changing things up. It's so so hard to believe that this round will be different but take it one step at a time xx
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:38 pm

Thanks Lorraine - you’re absolutely right xx
MrsA

Re: Lonnger term ttc #1

Postby MrsK19 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:27 am

Good luck with the scan today Lorraine. Meander hope those follies all turn into some lovely eggs for you, MrsA glad to hear your appointment went so well and that is has given you some new options. My af arrived 5 days early after so it looks like I will be starting ivf cycle on 29 December. Have all my meds. Just need to wait for af and then hopefully get in for my first scan around 30 Dec. In the meantime I am trying to distract myself from the fact that my due date for my chemical was Christmas eve :/
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:42 am

Oh mrsk...its never easy when theres anniversaries around this time is it?! My first baby would have been 3 on NYE this year and last one's due date was 4th dec. I find the best thing to do is to set some time on the day to mark it. 1st year we wrote little notes, put them in a bottle and threw it into the ocean...we still go down to that spot and wonder where in the world our little bottle is!
I like the symmetry of you starting your next cycle so close to that date...maybe your little spark is watching over proceedings! Xx
Scan not til tomorrow...totally bricking it now!!
LorraineG

Postby Hoping2021 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:11 am

Omg girls, it's like taken me forever to reactivate my account, I've literally wanted to scream at my phone with congrats and to offer advice.

Sarah and Lorraine, oh my goodness, huge congrats, I am over the moon for you both. Serum sounds unbelievable and Lorraine, all those frosties, amazing stuff.

Dotty, huge congrats on your lite girl, sounds like she's doing great and hope you're coping OK, as much as we wanted this so bad, it's OK to have a down day.

MrsA, I am so sorry ré your cycles. I know the bad egg quality looms in the background but and a big but, your eggs were never given a proper chance, as much as you can try write it off and start fresh, of course its going to be a worry but I honestly believe that.

Just a quick post as I literally got my account back. Will post later this morning, missed you all xx
Hoping2021

Postby LorraineG » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:15 am

Welcome back hoping!!
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:23 am

MrsK I'm sorry it's an even tougher time for you this month. So date hang over us and taunt us. But like Lorraine, it's great to have a start date so soon. Remember the first and look forward to the second. Move the drugs are in the fridge though. It makes it real! X
MeanderGo

Postby Hoping2021 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:18 pm

MrsK that's a tough one for Christmas eve and all of Christmas really. The very best of luck for the cycle in the new year, hope its your year.

Well girls, I had a little boy at the end of August by planned c section. He's amazing, it was a tough c section though and recovery was tougher than I expected. It turns out I had lots of scar adhesions from previous c section, my stomach muscles were stuck to my uterus and bladder in wrong place etc. I was very lucky my bladdrler wasn't permanently damaged and we were warned no more kids as its too risky for another section. I'm fine with that, we didn't want anymore and no frosties left. It kind of explained why my transfers were so difficult. And it could have contributed to my miscarriages. Lorraine, I know in Serum they discovered something similar with you if I'm right, so just wanna give you hope that all worked out good for me and I really hope it does for you too.

Unfortunately my mam was diagnosed with terminal cancer in August too so life has been a roller coaster but I'm doing ok and my mam's doing ok at the moment too.

Flipper, huge congrats on your pregnancy.
Michelle, you are very much missed from here, I think of you and Bailey often.

I'm so glad I got back in and hoping to see some more positive news here xx
Hoping2021

Postby LorraineG » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:12 pm

Huge congratulations on your little boy! And I'm so so sorry about your mum...rollercoaster is not the word I'd imagine! Hope you are doing ok.
Yeah Serum found a septum...which I suppose is similar to adhesions like what you had, but would have meant I would never carried to term as my uterus wouldn't stretch out with it. Scary stuff...but sorted now and hopefully will mean no more issues going forward and this little jellybean will have plenty of space to grow big and strong!
Just to let you know also...flipper lost her little girl at (I think) about 20 weeks. So heartbreaking.

Glad you got your account sorted...its so nice to get updates on how everyone is doing! X
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:49 pm

Huge congratulations on your little boy hoping! And lovely to hear back from you with updates!

Lorraine i just wanted to say aswell do not get anxious if you dont get any nausea while on the pred. I was only on 5mg and penny said that would not be enough to mask symptoms. I wasted so much energy worrying about lack of nausea. I had it a bit between 8 and 12 wks but once i stopped the pred at 12 wks it really kicked in. 16+1 and still quite nauseaus and i wish i had enjoyed the non nauseaus days a bit more!!
Sarah83

Postby MeanderGo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:23 am

Aww congrats on your lil boy hoping. And sorry to hear about your mum. That's such tough news to receive. But at least she gets some time with her new grandson. I can imagine how invaluable that is and how happy it makes her.
What time is your scan tomorrow Lorraine? Really excited for updates!
I'm in for 9.40am tomorrow. Here's hoping for a more successful outcome than last time. Apparently they're a little smaller than last time but numbers are similar, 37 & 30. Took menopur last night with triggers for some last bit of growing! I'm conscious that we've no idea of quality of anything in the stages after EC so trying to manage expectations a little. Cancelling cycle caught me utterly off guard last time. The joys of meddling with hormones and organs!!
MrsA, have you and DH got any further with deciding which option you're going for?
Last edited by MeanderGo on Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MeanderGo

Postby Sarah83 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:30 am

Hoping im so sorry i flew over the msg yesterday rushing about. Im so so sorry about your mom. Its a devastating diagnosis. I lost my mom to cancer 8 yrs ago. Im glad you say she is good at the moment. I hope ye get lots more time together yet xx lots of love x
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:16 am

All good with scan this morning! Too early to really see anything properly but pregnancy sac 'tucked in nicely', she could see outline of a yolk sac and thought she could see a shadow of a fetal pole. Back again next week when we will hopefully see more. Don't really feel the relief I thought I would but happy alls on track!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:12 am

Lorraine that is absolutely perfect and all you would expect to see as its just so tiny! It took them ages to get a clear view of it when i had my early scan, very worried expressions for a few minutes...and finally after lots of twisting and turning we could get a clear view of the yolk sac but initially it looked like an empty sac! So your scan today couldn't have gone better! Congratulations!!! Back next wk is great, my second one was 8 wks!
Sarah83

Postby MeanderGo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:19 am

Great Lorraine! Really good news. Everything is progressing as it should. Hope the relief comes soon and you can enjoy it for the week!
MeanderGo

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance