Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MrsK19 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:59 am

Lorraine can't believe you will be having your big scan in just a week. Time is flying! MrsA how are you getting on? Sarah I hope you are keeping well.
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:42 pm

Mrsk that's great you've a scan Thursday...cant wait to hear how you get on! Tiredness and bloating are good signs that things are doing what they should be in there!
I'll be almost 11 weeks at booking in and to be honest I'm dreading the weeks after it as I wont be getting so many scans etc and I feel like it will drag! One step at a time though and I'm so grateful that the consultant is going to see me so early...will need some guidance on if I need to continue some of the meds or not!
And can't wait to see bubs again!! :)
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:03 pm

Ye I can imagine that the scans are so comforting to know everything is going well. You will feel much better after this one thou hopefully as it is a big milestone on the journey :)
MrsK19

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:33 pm

MrsK im delighted you have gotten started so soon into the new year! Very exciting for you...roll on thur for your scan. Im sure all will be great!

Meander i may have missed it but when do you get to transfer? Will you have a plan after thursday? Also to answer your earlier question im due the end of may! It cant come fast enough!!

Lorraine i can't say how happy i am that all is going so well for you! So exciting. Each scan is such a milestone and really quite emotional i find! Iv had a quite a few scans now, as they have assigned me to the high risk clinic i see consultants at each visit and its really reassuring and i get scanned. I had a scan at 18+2 and was measuring a week ahead so there was talk of getting tested for gestational diabetes. But could just be a big baby. Am 20 weeks now tomorrow and quite a bump now & lots of movement. Anatomy scan next week so will be nervous about that but nothing seen to cause any concern at any of my other scans.
Roll on next week for your next scan, its a biggie. All will be perfect. Very exciting xx
Sarah83

Postby MeanderGo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:49 pm

Hello again ladies! Lorraine you're flying along. I completely get how addictive those scans are. I love my scans. I find them all so interesting. I can only imagine what it'll be like if there was a moving baby in them!! How often can you get a printed photo? They might help with the waiting between appts. Get some snaps of those monitors!! It'll be so good to get the relief with the next scan. You might start breathing again ;-)
MrsK I can feel the energy coming from your posts, it's great!! I suppose Thursday will let you know how you react to orgalutran this time. Go on the follies!! I'm the same with my clinic, I cycle past it on the way to work so call in en route no hass. I can't imagine what it'd be like cycling across the city Everytime, esp with scans every 3 days!!
We've the call tomorrow at lunchtime to get a plan for fet. I've been on the pill for 2 weeks to help bring ovaries back to normal, so my guess is I'll stop that, get at and start estofem to build up lining for fet. Midwife said I take it for 2.5 weeks, and I'm not sure if there's anything else I need to take. So maybe end Jan for transfer? Going to ask about transferring 2 tomorrow to see if it's even an option...
Sarah did you get tested for gestational diabetes or are they just watching it? Are you worried about the anatomy scan? I wonder if people who get pregnant really easily worry as much as those who don't!?! I fully believe everything is perfect, Penny sorted everything out!
Speaking of Penny... MrsA, how are you??
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:56 am

Wow Sarah that is amazing, where is the time going. Sounds like you are getting great care too. Meander it sounds like Thurs we will hopefully both have a clearer idea of where timelines for next steps. I am getting excited now but obviously still have that anxious feeling in the back of my mind. Am sleeping a bit more than usual but not sure if that is just getting used to being back in work or the meds. Happy Wednesday everyone :)
MrsK19

Postby MeanderGo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:15 pm

I think the reduced alcohol and 2am bedtimes are also helping me sleep! Long may it last!!
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:40 pm

Sarah cant believe you're 20 weeks!! That's crazy! Halfway there!! I'm sure your anatomy scan will be perfect...harmony came back low risk didn't it? And hopefully you wont have GD...just a big (but not very big!) guy getting all the nutrition he needs!
I have to say I'm so relaxed about everything at the moment...cant wait for the scan next week and making it all official and everything! Meander I've got about 5 scan photos!! Got 3 the last day - one very cute little one with hands and legs sticking up!! That's in a frame by my bed!!
Big day tomorrow for you both...everything crossed your scan goes well mrsk and all those follies are behaving! Tired is a good sign too...your body is doing a lot of work growing those little eggies! Plenty of water and protein should help if you're wrecked during the day. And fingers crossed you get a nice easy plan for fet meander...and see what they say about transferring 2. If you don't ask you cant know! Keep us updated!
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:16 am

Too cute Lorraine!! Your lil bump is looking for first prize in the photogenic embryo of the year award!!
Had chat with doc today. Plan is to transfer as soon as possible, which involves 3 weeks of building up lining with estafem, finishing off with 5 days of progesterone. So he said pick a date and with backwards. So thinking 1st week in Feb...
Also said we can transfer 2 at a time, but medically they prefer one due to risk associated with twins - GD, Preeclampsia, high blood pressure, etc. DH is adamant about not voluntarily adding risk to the pregnancy so really doesn't want to transfer 2. I told him we'd discuss it further. Want to get more stats about success rates of transfers of 1 vs 2, etc. We might well transfer 1 for the 1st/2nd attempt and if they don't work, start doubling down. So more chats needed!!
Good luck tomorrow MrsK, hopefully all are growing delightfully!
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:10 pm

Meander that's great news you can get going so fast! At least you've no down regulation or anything...I had injections before my only FET and they were horrible. Had hot flushes and it was so drawn out! I'd much prefer your protocol! If your dh is adamant I'd prob stick with transferring one for the moment...I suppose they really are part of the process and we should take they're thoughts on board too! Mrsk how did your scan go? Can't wait to hear of all your juicy follicles!!
LorraineG

Postby MrsAM » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:12 pm

Hi guys, it's been... A while... Since I was last on. Its been a tough year and I actually can't believe I'm still trying. :-/ I'm sorry to see so many familiar faces still here. Hope some of you are at least having more luck than me.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis at the start of the summer, any wonder I couldn't conceive. Ovaries were twisted and stuck to each other with deposits, tubes were blocked, uterus itself was covered in deposits and the weight of them has it retroverted/tipped back and fused to bowel... All in all, not exactly conducive to concieveing! I had surgery at the end of October and one tube was cleared, ovaries were freed up and mobilised, a lot of deposits removed and had a d&c done too... Pretty hefty surgery and recovery was not fun but over the worst of it now.

RE has put me on 5mg folic acid, letrozole and after the first cycle, progesterone from ovulation. Really, really hope this is it and we get somewhere. It has been a long, hard road. Because of the way the endo is they aren't giving me very long to try anymore as I've to have a hysterectomy on next surgery so there really is a ticking clock. Fingers and toes crossed 2020 is a lucky year for all of us.

I'll have a bit of a read back but does anyone know did Michelle/Bailey/MrsD end up with luck? So hope they did.
MrsAM

Postby MrsK19 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:18 pm

So do you decide when to start the estafam then Meander and just go from there? Is that an oral medication? I don't know that one. I had my scan this morn and everything was looking good. Follies coming along nicely. Think there are about 12-14 of them between 11 and 16 so nurse thought I might be in sooner than later. They called me in the afternoon to confirm I am back in 2m morn for another scan and they will decide from there. Monday was mentioned as a possibility because 3 or 4 of them were 16. Lining is 9.3. No mention of ohss today so presume there weren't as many as they thought initially. Initially I was worried the numbers aren't high enough but nurse said it all looks great and not to worry. So hopefully will know more 2m. Am very excited and completely terrified about what the next few days have in store.
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:34 pm

Hey MrsAM think about you often and wondered how you had been. Wow on the endometriosis...that must have been a shock to here how bad it was. Definitely no wonder you couldn't conceive with that! From the sounds of that surgery I'm sure it was a really tough recovery...hope you are getting over it ok. And I hope to God it and the letrozole does the trick for you. Last update on Bailey was that they were going to start the adoption process (in the UK so easier than here) Michelle has taken a break from the forum so not sure if she's gone for another cycle or not. And I don't know MrsD sorry!
I went abroad in September for investigations and they found a septum in my uterus which would have made it impossible to carry to full term so had that removed. Cycled over there in November and am 9+5 weeks pregnant now! Delighted it has worked and I've gotten further than the previous 3 pregnancies and have my booking in scan next week so all good thank God!
Fingers crossed 2020 brings good news all round!
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:43 pm

Welcome back MrsAM. It sounds like you have had a hell of a few months. Really hope this is it for you. What sort of timeframe do they think you have between now and next surgery? Are you planning on doing ivf or are you giving yourself a few months of trying naturally? 2020 is our year on this thread.
MrsK19

Postby MrsAM » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:46 pm

Aww a Lorraine, I've goosebumps. I'm so delighted for you. That's wonderful. H&H 9 months to you. I remember Bailey starting on the adoption road alright, hope it's going well. Pity about Michelle. Really hope things worked out for her.

It was quite a kick in the teeth alright but they said they cleared out so much that it's definitely worth giving ovulation induction and timed intercourse a go before moving onto ivf or whatever. I guess there had to be something fairly substantial up though. We're trying 4 years now. :-/ and 3 since the mc. Hard to believe really. The months multiply so fast. Even if they go slowly individually.
MrsAM

Postby MrsAM » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:51 pm

Thanks MrsK, They don't want me not pregnant and not on any hormone suppressants for very long as the endometriosis is so severe and will just grow back again. 4-6 months is all we've got really. I think if letrozole doesn't work we'll probably call it a day. I know dh won't want to pour thousands into a very small maybe, which I do get so this is it, really. Last chance saloon.

Where are you at? You're in the middle of ivf, are you?
MrsAM

Postby LorraineG » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:07 pm

Mrsk that's great progression on the follies!! Wow could be Monday!! That's definitely different from your iui round! Hopefully the orgalutran will be doing what it's supposed to and some of the others can catch up with the 3 or 4 at 16 already. Great they have you in again tomorrow to keep an eye!
Estrofem is oestrogen pills to keep ovaries quiet/build up the lining for FET. All your not so little follies are doing that job for you at the moment but you will probably be put on them after transfer. Cant remember if everyone is or not but I've has them every cycle!
MrsAM that's a lot of pressure to be putting yourself under...hopefully fresh clean tubes and uterus + ovulation induction will equal babyAM very quickly! ;)
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:03 pm

MrsAM that sounds like a horrific and emotionally exhausting journey you've been on. I'm so sorry. And now to have that ultra-loud clock ticking down the weeks is no great joy either. But there's more hope now than you've had previously by the sounds of it. As with Lorraine. When they finally find a problem, it's always a possibility that it's THE problem. Best of luck with this phase. We'll be here with happy thoughts all along the way!
Nice one MrksK! Everything is coming along great! I loved getting a date for collection - it gives you a target to focus on. And it could well be fine for a fresh transfer too. We need a fingers crossed emoji!! With my meds, I start on the estafem when my af comes and can stay on that for anywhere between 17-30 days. I need to take progesterone for the 5 days before FET so we confirm a date for FET and work backwards for progesterone, and estafem should be grand with that big window. I was going to stop the pill today but I'm away with work Monday so thought best to push af out a day or two. Need to call clinic to confirm a day for FET - woohoo!
MeanderGo

Postby MeanderGo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 pm

And yes Lorraine, DH is very opinionated in general and in fairness to him he's been a big part of this process. I still want a bigger conversation but I know I'll give him the first FET with one. After that, he better put forward a good argument!! Anyone got any reliable stats for success rates of FET for 1 embryo transfer vs 2 embryo transfer, and how many end up with twins out of that?? ;-)
MeanderGo

Postby MrsAM » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:13 pm

Thanks so much Meander, that's kind of my take on it. We've a shot now, whereas (unbeknownst to us before) we really hadn't a snowballs chance in hell of a successful pregnancy. But look, hopefully the surgery and the meds will be the answer.

What stage are you at? Are you doing a transfer? I'd do 2 in a heartbeat. I actually always said I'd love twins though :P
MrsAM

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance