Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MeanderGo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:49 pm

I sense you'll be giving it everything you've got!!
We're in our first IVF cycle - cancelled first egg collection in Nov but got a whopping 16 in the freezer just before Christmas (thank you PCOS!!). So this will be our first fet. No idea if we'll have any problems as we've never got this far before. I don't get periods or ovulate naturally, and we cancelled all tsi cycles. But very hopeful for one of the 16!
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:37 am

Just out of my scan girls. 14 follicles there, some of those are smaller thou. Ec confirmed for Monday. The last week has gone by quite quickly but I feel like the next 2 and a half could be the longest of my life! Hope everyone is keeping well, it is freezing out this morn at a lovely day
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:04 pm

That's fantastic news mrsk! Ec Monday...exciting stuff! Try not to worry about the tww yet...you'll get through that when it comes x
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:09 pm

That’s brill mrsk xxx
MrsA

Postby MeanderGo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:11 pm

Great growing there mrsk! And there's still the whole weekend for more growth. Monday will be very exciting. At least they'll tell you how many eggs were collected on Monday, and then it's a waiting game. Have your distractions lined up ready to go! It's such an exciting time!
MeanderGo

Postby MeanderGo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:55 am

Enjoying the weekend ladies? Battening down those hatches for Brendan?? I thought we were going to lose our roof on Friday night, but apparently Monday is the one to watch... Anyhow, enough about the weather!
Lorraine, Sarah, what days are your scans? Feeling good MrsK?
MrsAM, what are your next steps with ovulation induction? Is it like a TSI cycle?
I've been trying to contact the clinic for my schedule, but they've a full schedule to even call me to plan my schedule! AF is due today and I'm away with work tomorrow so hopefully they can fit me in for a scan Tuesday morning and that might force the scheduling!
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:45 am

Am feeling good Meander. I took my last gonal f on Fri night, last orgalutran Sat morn and my trigger last night. Am in 2m morn for collection so just trying to chill out and relax. I am not as bloated as I was earlier in the week so I feel more comfortable. Keep fingers crossed for me for some good eggs 2m and then the waiting game starts. Am off work Monday and Tues and I presume if everything goes well I will be back in for transfer on Fri. Really hope to get that far. It would be amazing to get some for the freezer too but taking it one step at a time for now
MrsK19

Postby MrsA » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:49 am

Good luck mrsk. Rest up today x

Am flying out to Athens end of month for investigations and possible clomid banking cycle. Just waiting on period that’s due Friday. That’s about all with me :)
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:08 pm

Mrsk that's amazing! Absolute best of luck tomorrow! What time are you in? Enjoy the sleep...there's nothing like it!!
Mrsa and meander fingers crossed af's do what they're supposed to and ye're not hanging around waiting! Hopefully they'll be able to fit in a scan meander and you'll be all set! Mrsa hows the excitement vs stress levels?
I'm in Friday for scan and booking in...so looking forward to making it all official and real!!
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:01 pm

At the moment we’re excited with a tint of anxiety which I’ll take to be fair. I think regardless of the outcome it feels good to know well have done as much as we can in terms of investigations etc and have gotten a lot further in that regard.

Lorraine that’s amazing that you’re much booking in on Friday. What’s the due date? Same to Sarah as well actually.
MrsA

Postby MrsK19 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:22 pm

Great to get started again MrsA and also great to be doing something different. Am in at 8.30 in the morn so should be home on the sofa early enough.
MrsK19

Postby MeanderGo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:27 am

Good luck this morning MrsK!! Crossing everything for you!
Great to have a plan MrsA. The next couple of weeks will be really interesting, and hopefully very positive and effective. New year, new hope (and a Greek holiday!!)
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:20 am

Good luck mrsk! Cant wait to hear how many juicy eggs they get!!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:30 am

MrsK the very best of luck today ill be looking forward to reading your updates. All will be fab im sure xx

Meander I bet you are counting down the next couple of weeks for transfer...i can't imagine how reassuring it must be to have 16 blasts, i still cant get over that number!!! Very excited for you!

MrsA im only delighted you are heading over so soon. Ill be dying to read how you get on. You are definitely with the right team and they will do everything they can think of to get you your bfp xx

MrsAM i hope this will be it for you. Im so sorry you had to go through that op and to be faced with that but it sounds like they done a great job clearing it up and there are lots of success stories for ladies after similar surgeries so ill keep everything crossed for you!

Lorraine roll on Friday! It'll be a great feeling to be able to make it official and tell the families! For me the best feeling was after the 12 wk scan as it started to feel real and telling everyone was lovely x

I have my anatomy scan this thur when ill be 21+1. Looking forward to having that one done tbh! On the countdown then until May! Im literally counting down the days & weeks! Have been sick for the last week with a nasty cough & cold and am a bit fed up but nearing the end now i hope! X
Sarah83

Postby MrsK19 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:00 pm

Hi girls. Thanks so much for thinking of me this morn. Just on the way home now, a bit sore but excited to see how the next few days go. We got 8 eggs which I am delighted with. Fingers crossed now they roll out the red carpet for the sperm and get on well :) they will phone me 2m with news. Keep everything crossed or me xx
MrsK19

Postby MeanderGo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:22 pm

Great MrsK!! You've done your bit now. Let's hope the lads have their best manners ready ;-) take it easy for the rest of the day and enjoy being pampered.
Spoke with clinic, fet date is 3rd Feb. Start estafem and clexane tonight, then have a scan next week to check all is fine. Nothing better than a date to work towards!
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:41 pm

That is great to have a date Meander. You must be getting so excited now :)
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:56 pm

Fantastic mrsk! 8 is a great number! Hopefully tomorrow's phone call will be great news too!
Meander that's brill that you have a date!
Delighted for both of you!!
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:52 pm

MrsK is a pity my date is still a bit away. We could have had our own version of the slow bicycle race to see who could stay away from the pregnancy tests the longest!! Hope you're feeling ok after the sedation.
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:45 am

I know Meander it would be lovely if our timelines were that bit closer but honestly I can't thank all of you on this forum enough for the support. This journey would be so hard without you all. It makes such a difference to have people who understand. I got a call from the clinic this morning, so 5 of our 8 eggs fertilized. Won't know any more until Thurs morning when they will decide whether to do a 3 day transfer or hold on for a 5 day. Fingers and toes crossed that they all keep developing now.
MrsK19

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance