Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby LorraineG » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:50 pm

Flipper welcome back...wish it was a happier more positive step for you and I know it must be so hard after such a terrible loss. I totally know the feeling of wanting to be pregnant by the due date after a loss...and the horrible feeling when it's not happening. With my last mc I actually had my d&c on the due date of the previous mc...that was a whopper of an emotional day! Its def a good step to talk to your clinic and see what's what on that side...it doesn't mean making the decision to do FET straight away it just means your gathering all your info. I sometimes don't think the hubbies understand the biological need to get this sorted NOW and not hang around trying indefinitely when you just don't know what the hell is happening in there. At least with ivf 2 of the variables are sorted out already...the eggs fertilised and they've made it the 1st 5 days already! After we were in Serum for hysteroscopy (not sure how far back you read but they found a septum which was probably the cause of my mc's) we were told it should be possible to conceive naturally but it could take maybe 6 months due to sperm issue and I basically just said that I couldn't wait that long and I wanted to go straight to ivf. Dh wanted to try ourselves and I think I basically said we can try for 1 month and then I'm going back to Athens with or without you!! Realistically 6 months is nothing... you're pregnant for longer but there was no way my head could have gotten through it. So basically this essay is very long-windedly saying do what you need to to keep your head in a good place!
Mrsa...New York?! I'm so jealous!! I'm absolutely thrilled you're doing something amazing...its so so easy to let ivf consume every minute and every cent and it's one o the things I really regret...not going away for a proper holiday while we were going through all we went through. It's so important to have time together to reconnect when everything else feels like its going to shit!
Babydreams not long at all to wait! Are you excited to get started? Fingers crossed for you!
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:14 pm

Flipper I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My heart is broken for not having to go through that. I totally understand you wanting to go back to the clinic. While I haven't been through anything like you have my tolerance for trying naturally is just none existent. I think it is because we were trying for over 3 years and time has become so precious as a result. The emotional side of all of this is just so hard so I think we all have to just do what we feel is best for us and that is different for everyone.
Babydreams that is exciting that iui is about to start. It is great to see it all mapped out in front of you.
MrsA a hol sounds like just the thing. There have to be some perks to the ttc journey and hols are definitely one we should all embrace while we can.
MrsK19

Postby brownie » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:37 pm

Flipper I think about you all the time and what you have been through, its just cruel. Totally get that you want to fast track and revisit IVF... Even if it just gives you back some sense of control over the situation. How is your little boy? He must be 1 and a half by now? I hope he is helping to keep urs and ur DHs spirits up...

MrsA good to hear from you again,you sound a bit better XXX
Baby dreams that's great to have a plan to start on 4th. No distance away!!
MrsK is Ur scan tomorrow?
Meander any symptoms or sickness yet? Hopefully you will escape the nausea!
Lorraine, once my ubiquinol arrives I need to ask you about dosage? How much did you take? And also the inositol??
brownie

Postby MrsK19 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:23 am

Ye brownie my scan is 2m morn. Hoping everything is good. Will keep you posted.
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:32 am

Best of luck mrsk...this is the nervewracking part but fingers crossed everything will be perfect x
LorraineG

Postby LorraineG » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:39 am

Brownie...I was taking 200mg of ubuquinol which if I remember rightly was equivalent to 600mg coq10 which was what my clinic here recommended.
I didn't take inositol but I just checked back my emails and serum had recommended a dose of 2g powder twice a day if that's any help to you! Maybe Sarah can confirm that I think she took the inositol.
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:22 am

Good luck this morning MrsK!! Hope everything is as it should be!
Dream, great you have a cycle lined up. Every cycle is a new bit of hope! (Haha!! My auto-correct changed cycle to fucker - pretty accurate at times!)
MrsA, you're so right. Life can't be put on hold until you get pregnant. In fairness, so much of life gets put on hold because you are pregnant! Plus you can't do new York as easily with a baby... Enjoy those cocktails!! Think of it as your last child-free blow out and go nuts.
Flipper, I'm so sorry your journey is such a horrendous one. Brownie is right, life is so cruel and unfair at times. But it's good you're still determined and whatever you have to do to stop your brain going into meltdown is perfectly acceptable. Get all the info and a plan in place, and then you can decide when to start it. Even having it ready to go might be enough to calm your mind. As Lorraine said, half the work is already done!
Brownie, still getting stomach cramps but wondering if it's because of supplements I'm taking for digestion. I'll cut them out and see. Otherwise no symptoms at all!!
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Everything looking good in the scan girls. Nice strong heartbeat and measuring well too. It was so cool seeing the scan. Amazing how big the uterus is already. The embryo is still tiny in the middle of it. Got to see the yolk sac too. Ontothe next wait now with my 12 week scan on 24 March. Hopefully all stays well in the meantime
MrsK19

Postby Mrsjune » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:07 pm

Wow ladies I have missed a lot will have to read through them all and reply. Meander I am delighted for you congrats it’s great news. Lorraine hope all is well. Mrs that’s great news about the scan. Brownie hope you have some luck this cycle. Flipper I remember you from before I’m so sorry for your loss that’s terribly sad I can’t imagine how difficult things must be for you at the moment. Life is so unfair. Think this is a lucky train a lot of success here lately and very good advice so fingers crossed for us all x I went back to Siobhan kehoe on Monday felt very positive after it I need to lose weight I knew that anyway but had been struggling with it for a while but look will give it my best shot for the next few months and see what happens
Mrsjune

Postby Flipper23 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:14 pm

MrsK that is fantastic news, congratulations. How far along are you now?

You hit the nail on the head, my tolerance for trying naturally is just at zero but no one really understands that. My husband is coming around to the idea, but I think he is just naturally a bit worried. I found the drugs for FET very hard the last time and I was in a bad way mentally and didn't sleep well for weeks.

I feel like I am due some good luck but I don't think that's how it works... when I was 38 weeks pregnant with my son my sister took her own life and a couple of days before the scan where our baby had died I said to my other sister there is just no way life would be that cruel to me.... We are actually in an ok place emotionally and feel ready but I think other people looking in would say it is too soon.

MrsJune I am in same position as you, need to shed some of the emotional KG's I have been carrying around but don't feel the motivation. Worried clinic would refuse transfer... must work out my BMI (the least favourable scale when you're 5 foot nothing)!

Lorraine that is great they found that septum! Was it easily removed? Must feel a bit of relief having an answer. I realised when I booked the appt yesterday that the very earliest I would have a transfer is April and I nearly cried. I feel like just going in there and demanding they put it in NOW. How are you doing? How many weeks now?

Thanks Brownie, how are you doing? Did you have a boy or girl? My little man is a total character and has the emotional intelligence of a wise old man! He knows when I need those hugs! I am sorry to read about your CP. So disappointing. How old is your baby now? Fingers crossed for both of us.

Sorry I have missed loads of people!

I am not taking anything at the moment (if I got pregnant I would be on aspirin for duration) but what should I start taking now aside from FA?
Flipper23

Postby LorraineG » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:01 pm

Mrsk that amazing news! Absolutely thrilled for you!! Roll on 12 week scan now!!
Mrsjune that's great you're feeling positive after seeing siobhan again. It's very hard to get the extra motivation to lose a bit of weight but you'll get there and it will be worth it!
Flipper feck what anyone else says or thinks...you and dh know you are as ready as you'll ever be and that's all that matters. Deep breaths sweetie...the time will fly once you have a better idea of where you're going. As regards supplements I'd say the best thing would be a decent multivitamin to make sure you're body is getting all the vitamins it needs. And maybe a probiotic. Will you try acu again (I think I remember you were going to someone a bit crazy when you had your 1st transfer?? Maybe someone more relaxing?) I found someone really amazing in the summer and the difference it had made to my anxiety is unreal.
LorraineG

Postby brownie » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:48 pm

The relief Mrs K!!! That's brilliant and not even 5 weeks to go to 12 week scan! You're flying, how the nausea?

MrsJune you're right this train has turned very lucky, probably down to a lot of very determined women on here!! And lots of great advice...

Flipper only you and DH can decide when ye are ready,nobody else. No matter when it happens it's going to be emotional so do whatever you feel is best for you both now... Supplements wise I'm on Zinc, Vitamin D, Omega 369, methlyfolate, and inositol and ubiquinol both on way from Iherb (which is taking ages btw, is that the norm?)
Lorraine thanks for dosage advice, my ubiquinol is 200mg I think. Not sure about the other one, can't remember. But flipper that might be total overkill, I just lose the run of myself, if they mess with my cycle length I'll drop the doses...

I had a boy aswell, he just turned one the end of January. A busy little bee, thank God...
brownie

Postby Sarah83 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:49 pm

Brownie I think i was only taking 2mg inositol once a day. Its a little powder dissolved in water. I was also taking 200mg ubiquinol which is as lorraine said the equivilant 600mg coq10 and easier to absorb. I got them on iherb x

Congrats MrsK thats just the best news im over the moon for you x enjoy!

Flipper i have thought of you often and im just so sorry about what you have been through. Just devastating. And you & your dh know whats right for ye so i completely get wanting to do an fet as soon as possible. X
Sarah83

Postby MrsA » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:03 pm

Mrsk so glad all went well today :)

Well girls New York all booked for end of April. Can’t wait :) in the meantime gonna try get my supplements sorted so I’m up to date. Lorraine what brand ubiquinol you using? X
MrsA

Postby brownie » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:24 pm

Ah deadly MrsA. So so nice to have something to look forward to and lift the spirits!!!
I'll attach pic of ubiquinol I ordered too. It's fecking dear stuff!!!
brownie

Postby brownie » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:27 pm

That's the one
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-02-19-22-22-46-574_com.android.chrome-270x585.jpg
Screenshot_2020-02-19-22-22-46-574_com.android.chrome-270x585.jpg (58.13 KiB) Viewed 48 times
brownie

Postby MeanderGo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:58 pm

Flipper that's so awful what you've had to go through. Life isn't fair doesn't even come close. I think it's definitely your turn for a break. Nobody else has gone through what you've gone through so they have absolutely no say in your timeframe. You do what you need. Talk to the clinic - info means options. Which usually stops or brain spiralling for a little while at least and gives it some focus. Why would April be the first you could start cycling by the way?
Nice one MrsA!! The weeks will fly by til you're going. (Well, it will probably be that feeling of 'will it ever get here, oh wait, it's here!!'). Delighted you've an awesome trip coming up. NY is Savage!!!
MrsK, missed your post in all the activity. That's brilliant news!! Go you! It must be like a dream seeing the embryo develop. Serious gush!
June, glad you're feeling positive after your appt. And sure we wouldn't be on this thread if we all didn't have loads of homework to do after these appts! That's what makes us all special ;-) I swear we'll be rewarded in the next life far ahead of those who sneezed and got pregnant *eyeroll*
Brownie I love your approach. Just take them all and something's gotta work!!
Lorraine, are you tempted to find out the gender or keep it a surprise?
Hope you're feeling great these days Sarah!! Not too much longer now!
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:22 am

This is the ubiquinol I was taking mrsa. Yep its expensive stuff...but I feel like it was worth it for me!
Attachments
Screenshot_20200220-071551_Chrome_copy_180x370.jpg
Screenshot_20200220-071551_Chrome_copy_180x370.jpg (32.17 KiB) Viewed 45 times
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:08 am

Thanks lovely ladies x
MrsA

Postby Flipper23 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:07 pm

Gonna look into that supplement.

I think April would be earliest as seeing consultant 6th March and then I think it was 6 weeks of meds before we transferred last time. My period would be due week after we see him so good timing I guess
Flipper23

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance