Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MrsA » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:17 pm

Glad all looking good Lorraine x
MrsA

Postby Flipper23 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:48 pm

He said a blood thinner and blood pressure medication from early on. So actually I left a VM this afternoon for his secretary. My period is due today and I have a million positive tests, ringing the doctor you want to book in with is what a normal person would do, right?! He said he would be scanning me more regularly, in the hospital to check blood flow through the umbilical cord and that he would probably deliver early. He normally sees people at 10 weeks, but he said he would see me at 7.5/8 weeks.

I am anxious, definitely, but I think my anxiety will probably peak mid-way through the pregnancy if I get that far. I just have to think day to day at the moment and try reduce stress. Wouldn't mind having to work from home for a bit...
Flipper23

Postby Southmama » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:16 pm

Flipper just wanted to jump on to say congrats. I was on the October 2018 group with you. You were a great help to me when i was waiting on my harmony test results. Wishing you all the best
Southmama

Postby LorraineG » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:20 pm

I asked my gp to refer me specifically to the consultant I wanted and then I rang his secretary to make sure I'd be put under him! I hadn't been dealing with him before though and I definitely think that's the right call for you as he will know your history and will be able to get you on the right meds without any rigmarole. Great there's already a plan in place for scans etc...every little step gets you closer to getting past that peak point for you. Any chance you could request working from home for a while??
LorraineG

Postby Flipper23 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:57 pm

Aw South thank you! Hope your little girl is well!

Consultant secretary rang me back and said she will talk to him about when he wants to see me. She said she has it noted on her file that I will be on aspirin from 6 weeks so they will send out a prescription. Feels a bit real having made that contact now. Will hopefully have a scan around Easter time.
Flipper23

Postby LorraineG » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:55 pm

Fantastic flipper! Hold onto that real feeling as long as you can!
The aspirin can cause spotting early on..just to be aware. I never had any but I know some people on the serum cycle group who did.
I know it's a long road ahead but delighted for you! X
LorraineG

Postby Babydreams87 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:41 pm

Lads am I mad to be going ahead with my Cycles with COVID on our doorstep? I’m in half a mind to cancel, and for once DH agreed with me. I’m thinking if this cycle fails I might hold off for a while on #2 or IVF. Or am I being alarmist?
Babydreams87

Postby MrsK19 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:18 pm

It's hard to know babydreams. Not sure when this will get any better so waiting might turn into a long wait too.
MrsK19

Postby Babydreams87 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:46 pm

I think I’m going to talk to the clinic tomorrow. Just did my first shot of Gonal F so no going back on this one unless they tell me to.
It actually didn’t hurt as I am using the pre-filled pens with a tiny needle. I keep thinking I can feel it under my skin which is crazy I know.
Babydreams87

Postby MeanderGo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:17 pm

Dream, everyone will have their own views on this. If it were me, I'd continue with the cycle. So far evidence shows it's not a higher risk to pregnant people or the baby, and my guess is that these private clinics would have good hygiene policies (I could be very naive!?). It's not mayhem yet, so you could get this cycle in before things start getting shut down. But do speak with the clinic. I'm sure they're having lots of these conversations!
Flipper, sounds like you're being well taken care of by someone you trust. It should help a little, but naturally you'll be nervous until you've a darling bub in your arms at the end. Only 36 weeks to go! Covid might distract you for half of those!
Had my 8 week viability scan yesterday. All going great! Really clear image of sac and everything and saw and heard the heartbeat which was pretty unreal.
Lorraine, glad you're feeling much better. You're entitled to be a little nuts :D
MeanderGo

Postby Sarah83 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:12 pm

Babydreams...may aswell continue unless advised otherwise by your clinic. Ots hard not to worry but id go with their advice x

Flipper delighted all is well, great beya numbers, huge congrats im thrilled for you x

Lorraine im so glad all is going well...as time goes by you will feel a little more at ease. Especially after the 20 wk scan and then when you start to feel movment...altho movement is a whole new thing to obsess over!

Meander thats just fantastic news...cant believe u are 8 wks, that flew by...hooe you are still feeling good x

So sorry for those who got bfn
...so disappointing xx

Guys im a nervous wreck over this Covid 19. Barely want to leave the house. Im trying & failing not to obsess over it...
Sarah83

Postby MeanderGo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:30 pm

Sarah I know, it's getting to a lot of people. Some of my friends are disinfecting their house on a near daily basis... Just keep thinking of the facts - most people who get it will only show mild symptoms. People under 20 don't tend to catch it as easily as adults. Pregnant women and baby are not vulnerable (unless there are other health issues). Be calm and cautious and stay away from large crowds. You and baby will be absolutely fine. Make sure to use the extra down time from cancelled events to rest and chill out. Or to distract - Any nurseries to paint...?!?! Attics to declutter??
The Reeling in the Years crowd can't wait to write this year's episode!!
MeanderGo

Postby Sarah83 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:41 pm

Thanks Meander...I know your right and exactly what I needed to hear! Iv somehow got myself completely wrapped up in it and obsessed with the news lol! Plenty to do here so i need to crack on! Iv some furniture to upcycle so ill get started on that aswell!
Sarah83

Postby MeanderGo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:21 pm

Sarah I can't imagine your stress levels are any better after that announcement! It is a bit scary alright. But people's reactions are going to make this so much worse. Although if you skip the shops for the moment and pop back next Monday, guarantee you'll have shelves full to the brim! Good luck to all you ladies who have small childers whose creches have closed!
MeanderGo

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:28 pm

Ya it was a bit scary listening to that announcement but im glad serioys measures are being taken to try slow down the spread! Popped to the shops to get a few bits...absolute chaos!!!
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:36 pm

It's a scary time Sarah...and the mass panic stations around the place do not help with trying to stay calm! I unfollowed all news stuff on Facebook and kept the radio and tv off today to try and get a break from it! As with me the last day...do what you need to to feel more in control and try to remember that baba will be fine even if you do get it. It's the high temperature that's dangerous for us and we can control that with panadol. The worst will hopefully be over by May so fingers crossed it won't impact on your appointments and plans for the birth too much. It better bloody well be gone by August because this crap of only allowing 1 designated partner for everything is not gonna work for me! I want my sister as birth partner as dh will be about as helpful as a chocolate ironing board...but obvs I want him there after the birth! Take it each day at a time and we'll get through it! X
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:04 pm

I know your right Lorraine...im actually so tired from thinking about it! I should do what uv done & stop watching the news! Im hopefully going to be able to start working from home aswell. Im not sure what to think about where we'll be come May but surely by Aug it will be more under control...its horrible to be having to worry about it though x
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:30 pm

I'm honestly (maybe wrongly but I'm happy in my bubble) working on the premise that it's basically a really bad complicated flu and flu season is nearly over so hopefully it will peter out naturally as well as through all the precautions we're taking. Even though I had no news today I still saw and heard lots about it and I honestly could feel my stress levels just rising inside me so I literally just shut off and stuck a meditation track on YouTube for a while. Worked wonders! That's great if you can work from home while all this is going on...def give you more control over what you let in physically and mentally. Mind yourself first and foremost x
LorraineG

Postby Babydreams87 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:44 pm

I’m liking your thinking Lorraine!
Work are going mad with constant cleaning and rules about no meetings, no self service food and no moving between sister sites. It’s hard to get away from it!
Called the clinic with a question about my gonal F pen and no mention of cancelling my cycle so it’s full steam ahead here.
Babydreams87

Postby MeanderGo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:11 am

There is talk of that Lorraine, that it might be seasonal. Which is why it hasn't taken over in places like Australia. Fingers crossed!! It's definitely one for the history books. Might even rival the great snow of 1982... ;-)
Dream that's great you're full steam ahead and that the clinic has no concerns. Hopefully there'll be less traffic to get to the clinic for your scans too! There has to be some benefits to this covid lark!
MeanderGo

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance