Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby LorraineG » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:22 am

Babydreams I'm lucky that I have the space to just switch it off for a while...I can imagine what having it shoved in my face all day would do to me! Great your cycle is still going ahead...absolute best of luck!!
LorraineG

Postby brownie » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:52 pm

Well girls, haven't been on in a few days! Madness out there! We out of school now for God knows how long, all very weird. Only good thing is I will get to spend lots of time with my little scut so every cloud!
Just waiting on period now. No sign yet... Flipper did you get next bloods back??
Baby dreams delighted your cycle going ahead. Sarah Lorraine and Meander tough one for ye but please God nothing to worry about.
I'm gonna have the most organised house in Ireland. Kitchen presses I'm coming for ye!!!
brownie

Postby Flipper23 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:46 pm

Babydreams delighted to hear your cycle is going ahead. I was in the clinic yesterday morning and I asked were cycles going ahead and she said yes and will continue to unless specifically told not to. This talk of lock down has me terrified TBH but what can we do besides follow the rules.

Yes blood results were good, HCG was 149 on Tuesday AM and 460 on Thursday AM. There for a scan on Monday to make sure it is uterus then will have a scan around 7 weeks with consultant. He posted me a script for aspirin to start it at 6 weeks.

Feeling calm so far but I know that when / if I get to 18+ weeks the anxiety will kick in.

Hope everyone staying safe and not too stressed! Turning off Twitter and the radio for a bit has saved me. Yesterday I felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest, it just so apocalyptic. The vivid HCG dreams don’t help either!!
Flipper23

Postby LorraineG » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:18 pm

That's a great result flipper! And delighted you will have a couple of scans soon...it def helped me to keep the worry at bay!
I was the same the other day...kept getting this tightness in my chest with anxiety! Best thing I did was snooze all the news stuff on fb. I'm still getting a bit but not nearly as much or as sensational! There's some very funny threads about it too with lots of memes that I find much easier to see!! Hope everyone is staying as safe as they can x
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:08 am

Ah flipper that's fab news!! Those numbers are nice and high! And starting on the aspirin soon will let least give you another date along the way, only a week until the scan at that point.
Brownie I'm full on with you - haven't dusted since Christmas *shamefacedemoji* and seeing as all social events are cancelled, I don't have any excuses...
MrsA,K,June, you ladies all doing fine?
Lorraine, when's your next scan?
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:37 am

Great news flipper, congrats, hope af arrives soon for you brownie, new cycle new hope. I am doing ok, still a bit sick. Looking forward to my 12 week scan on 24th. Hope it goes ahead now with everything and hope everything stays good in the meantime. Am trying not to worry about covid, just doing everything I can to avoid crowds, wash hands and stay in basically.
MrsK19

Postby brownie » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:57 pm

MrsK hopefully you will still have Ur scan, the sickness is pure misery. Mine didn't ease until about 16_17 weeks, I'll never forget it!! New woman then!

Flipper that is such fantastic news, delighted all going good this far!!

Yep period arrived with a bang in middle of night! At least I'm getting a chance to test out my new period cup! Pretty impressed with it.

Mind yereselves girls, hope ye are all getting to stay home as much as possible XXX
brownie

Postby Babydreams87 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:46 pm

Hi guys cycle got cancelled at day 7 over COVID we are very sad but more sad for everyone this is impacting work and health wise. They said we will be informed when things are up and running again.
Babydreams87

Postby LorraineG » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:30 pm

Oh I'm so sorry babydreams! Apparently EU regulators have advised no embryo transfers until after all this. Its hugely disappointing but for the sake of a few weeks prob the best thing. Honestly the worry of this while pregnant is debilitating...even when I know all evidence points to no higher risk! It will be worth the wait x
LorraineG

Postby Babydreams87 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:11 pm

Hi Lorraine thanks. I started to get upset about it then I realised how many people are loosing their jobs or are self isolating for fear of getting really sick and I realised this is so small in comparison to what’s going on out there.
I felt so bad for the poor Nurse who was giving out the news to patients, what a tough thing to tell people.
I am off my gonal f from tonight and no unprotected BDing for now so tucking into a bottle of wine for myself.
Babydreams87

Postby LorraineG » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:00 pm

Well enjoy it!! Have to say I've had a low level craving for wine since this all started! Prob not helped by all the memes about self-isolating with numerous alcoholic beverages!!
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:04 pm

Ah Babydreams I'm sorry to hear that. So many plans are being overtaken by this. But better to be safe. Shame though. Enjoy the vino!
The unemployment figures after crazy! It's so sad. It really is hard to get your head around all this. I started getting a bit too obsessive with the news (it completely distracted me from my obsession with this forum!!!) so think I'll turn it off tomorrow. It's a lot of the same stories over and over. A nice drive around the Dublin mountains tomorrow to clear the head. Happy Paddy's day...?!? So surreal...
MeanderGo

Postby MrsA » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:08 pm

Happy paddy day gals. Baby dreams I’m so sorry it got cancelled. I think you’re handling it really well xxx I’m sorry for being ignorant but I’ve had to stop with the news as too overwhelming - are we being advised not to ttc? As that was literally my only plan for the foreseeable :)
MrsA

Postby MeanderGo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:18 pm

I hadn't seen the news on that either but my clinic had this notice - https://www.sims.ie/blog-resources/blog ... s/covid-19 - everything being postponed including transfers but not egg collection which will be frozen.
Girls I'm so sorry this will affect a number of you. It's hard enough waiting all these months and then for this to strike...ffs... It does seem like the fertility gods have a cruel sense of humour!
MeanderGo

Postby brownie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:58 am

Babydreams I am absolutely gutted for you, it's so disappointing for ye... Its hard to see bigger picture when you were so far into cycle, fair play to you for coming around so quickly...
MrsA I wondered the same, should we wait or use all this free time to try anyways. I think we probably will try to be honest! I won't be able to stop myself, the obsession is well and truly underway.
This is all just so mental girls. Like it's beginning to sound like we may not be back to school at all... Are you all still at work?? Once my husbands work is stopped we will struggle to make ends meet, as will almost everyone else we know, so having a good worry about that now, but I know we're not alone at least. All in it together!
Lorraine,MrsK, Meander, Flipper it's hard for ye definitely but no evidence to suggest any risk. Just avoid people as much as ye can, not much else you can do... It's the fear of the unknown for all of us!
brownie

Postby MeanderGo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:44 pm

It's like an alternate world, I keep stopping to think "is this really happening???". Friend has to contact bank about mortgage holiday as days cut to 3. At least they've still 3.
Re clinics i suppose it means everyone's on natural cycles until clinics are back operating. I presume you can get prescriptions for supplements and normal meds from them? MrsA, hopefully they're back operating come June...
Try to stay positive girls, and stay away from all the news! It def helps calm the nerves!!
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:18 pm

Babydreams I am so sorry to hear about your cycle. This whole thing is mad. I am working from home but my husband has to still go in.Let's just hope that with everyone following the guidance we beat it. I hope everyone else is keeping well.
MrsK19

Postby brownie » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:34 pm

Meander exactly that, genuinely keep wondering am I going to wake up and find out I was dreaming. Actually had a chat with DH last night and we are not going to try just for this month. Even if I did get pregnant there would be no chance of early scans etc and I would drive myself bonkers. Also would be nervous to go on the steroids. MrsK hope you are well too. I am the same, hubbie still working, I'm lucky I'm off.
brownie

Postby MeanderGo » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:11 am

Hi ladies, how are you all doing? I started climbing the walls yesterday! I like structure and having a plan and seeing as that's been turned on its head - I realise I'm not very good in this space!! I seem to find grocery shopping therapeutic though. I could nearly open a restaurant with the amount of food I've bought...
A bit of info emerging from hopefully trusted sources - reasons why IVF treatments are being postponed, small risk of babies being born early. I think all were fine but you obv don't have any additional complications at that time! https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/h ... 57113.html
In other news - https://www.thejournal.ie/coronavirus-a ... 5-Mar2020/
pregnant women not likely to have more severe infections and there is no evidence of increased mc in 1st or 2nd trimester. Some reassurance anyway.
Brownie I think taking a month off would be good even to see how things develop. We might get into a routine of sorts and you can figure out then what services are available and how they're working. What steroids would you be on, if you don't mind me asking?
Babydreams, how are you doing with the cancelled cycle? Still stoic? It's still so hard though, feeling for you.
MrsJune, how are you keeping? Flipper, you started on the aspirin yet? How are you holding up?
MrsK, Lorraine, Sarah - hope you can use the time to start nest planning! What is the story with the hospitals? Are partners allowed in? Are scans still proceeding as normal?
Anyone got a good book recommendation?? Something uplifting please!!!
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:32 pm

I am doing ok meander. I hear you on the structure. I am trying to get into a routine so I go for a walk in the morning before I start work and then schedule my breaks too and try to include some more walks during the day. I understand why they don't want to take any risks as obviously people are paying a lot of money for treatment so I am sure they want it all to go right for people. The community spirit is nice. Hopefully we were learn some lessons from all of this. I like the Kate Morton books if you want a good read. Can't think that they are particularly uplifting but they are good and not depressing either.
MrsK19

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance