Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby LorraineG » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:28 am

Happy Mother's Day to all...especially those who are mommas in their hearts but waiting for their miracle xxx
Attachments
FB_IMG_1584868728463.jpg
FB_IMG_1584868728463.jpg (37.52 KiB) Viewed 79 times
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:20 am

Happy mothers day everyone. Always a tough one. This time last year I was in the clinic having an iui scan. Hopefully this time next year we will all have our little dream babies or be well on the way to them.
MrsK19

Postby brownie » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:57 pm

Happy mother's day ladies, that's a lovely picture Lorraine... Hope all are feeling well and staying safe XXX love to all
brownie

Postby Flipper23 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:14 pm

Ladies how are you all? I’m so sorry to see cycles cancelled. I was in our clinic yesterday and they were telling me that anything that can lead to pregnancy is cancelled. It’s just such a scary time, I feel like I am watching a movie.

I had a scan yesterday and last week as well, they are being very cautious for some reason. They were able to see that the sac had grown this week and a small fetal pole was visible. The more senior midwife came in and both agreed there was a “flicker”. There is a small pocket of blood however above the sac which could threaten the pregnancy. Have to take it very easy, no lifting, no intercourse, no exercise, and just hope it gets absorbed.
Flipper23

Postby brownie » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:14 am

Hi girls, we are all gone very quiet on here... Such a weird weird time.
Flipper, delighted they are scanning you regularly, how many weeks now? Are you 6 yet?
Two friends of mine both had that bit of blood and both worked out fine. One of them even had quite a bleed early on and all was perfect. Sorry that you yet again have something to worry about. Would so love it just to run smooth for you...
What was the vibe like in maternity hospital? Was it quiet?
We have chatted again about holding off for another while. Also talked to my friend whose currently pregnant, and asked her advice and what consultants were recommending. She said there is really no evidence to suggest a reason for holding off. So having had a good think about it again, it took 2 yrs last time, what if we waste another few months and then it takes another 2 yrs on top of that.
So we gonna just continue as we were and try away.
MrsA are ye trying too??
Anyone else? Sure I'm forgetting someone??

How is everybody getting on? Are most of you working from home at this point? Meander, Mrs K, Lorraine, how many weeks now?
I'm supposed to be teaching online but sure can hardly get a tap done between shite WiFi and looking after a busy little boy.
brownie

Postby LorraineG » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:38 am

Hi guys...yes def very quiet here with all the other shite going on in the world!
Flipper I'm sure there was some blood on my early scans and it was just gone on the next (don't ask me what week maybe around 7/8?) Take it easy and hopefully it will be gone soon. Have you started the aspirin yet? Coz that could have something to do with it...maybe theres some more burrowing going on and the aspirin is just helping it get deeper. Sonographers etc are obvs going to be cautious but try not to worry too much (yeah right I know!!) It could be a million and one very normal things.
Brownie tbh I can see both sides...I honestly don't see a reason why people shouldn't be ttc naturally but I also can see why ESHRE have stopped all cycles as they really can't be sure what affect the virus would have on miscarriage rates in very early stages and people are paying a lot of money and for some they will only get one shot at it.
There's basically no evidence either way for early pregnancy so depends if you're a glass half full kinda girl or not!
Well 20+4 here and starting to feel baby inside...more pressure when s/he sits on my bladder than actual movements...but I'll take it!! Have anomaly scan Friday and I'm shitting it going in on my own! At least I won't have to wait in the waiting room of doom (bad anxiety due to my history!) as they will just bring me straight down when I check in. Fingers crossed for some sleep the next few nights!!
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:59 am

Hi girls. Flipper sorry to hear things aren't straight forward for you but as the others said take it easy and hopefully everything will be fine. Very strange times alright. I am 12+2 today. Had my 12 week scan yesterday. Hospital were doing a great job with social distancing. Nurses seem a little stressed thou. Must be tough for them. Everything went well on the scan, my dh couldn't come in but understandable. I was nervous but was in and out very quickly. Heartbeat is 167 and baby is measuring 58mm so I was delighted. They struggled to get a decent photo coz they were bouncing around so much. Was very cute. Hope everyone else is doing well. Have to say if it was me I would keep trying naturally but I know that is tough too because of the emotional turmoil of 2ww and for me I never got pregnant naturally so that was always tough. Still worth a shot I think.
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:46 am

Awww that's fab mrsk! Delighted all went well for you and you got to see all the jumping around! Fingers crossed this will all have died away by your next appointment and it will be business as usual!
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:57 pm

Posted message twice, ignore this one!
Last edited by MeanderGo on Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
MeanderGo

Postby MeanderGo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:59 pm

Hi ladies, glad of the posts again! This world is very surreal at the minute... Was supposed to be off this week so too it off anyway and just catching up with myself and sleeping. Tiredness hit like a brick wall last weekend so enjoying a few naps! MrsK I downloaded those books and have just started. Thanks for the rec! Great news that all is going perfectly. Hope work isn't as hectic if you're all working from home?
Flipper, that's tough going that you've more to worry about. Hopefully Brownie's friends' stories might help ease the stress though. Plenty of rest!
Lorraine that's great you can feel the bub!! It must be an incredible feeling. It's crappy that dh can't be with you on Friday, but all will be wonderful and you can celebrate a la 7up well into the weekend :D it'll be great to get that milestone.
Brownie, if it were me ttc, I'd go for it. I hate lost months, and I read that the cases of pregnant women with covid it didn't transfer to baby and the women recovered. Again, not a huge data sample to work with but if nothing else, it's something to do over the next few weeks ;-)
I'm 9+4 at this stage. Told our folks via video last week. They were all really surprised given the distractions. And not being able to see friends means it's no bother hiding until 12 weeks! My folks were dropping things over at the weekend though and it was hard not being able to give mum a hug. Only daughter with a rake of brothers. We both ended up crying instead just with the whole mess of the world!
MrsA, how are you doing? Sorry New York mightn't work out after all. Even if Trump says they're open for business at Easter #nutjob
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 pm

Tiredness comes out of nowhere alright meander. I am randomly waking up at 3 in the morning and not getting back to sleep for hours so today I went for a sleep in the middle of the day. Lorraine best of luck 2m. Am sure everything will go perfectly. Keep us posted xx
MrsK19

Postby Flipper23 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:01 am

Thanks girls, I am actually not too worried I just feel like I’m out of control so why worry.. I’ll follow their advice and she said majority of times it is Absorbed it was just when she said it was a threat that I was like oh FFS!!

I was actually in fertility clinic, first hospital appt in 3 weeks and will be 8+5 then. The FC was weird, everything cancelled so all they’re doing really are scans. Starting aspirin at weekend but pharmacist queried the dosage and said she needed to check with doctor.

If it were me I would keep going trying Brownie and hopefully it happens soon!

Great your scan went well mrsK! Congrats!! Such a relief.

Best of luck tomorrow Lorraine! So amazing to feel baby’s movement , so special
Flipper23

Postby MeanderGo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:25 am

Good luck today Lorraine, thinking of you!
Good you're relaxed flipper. Not much more you can do...
MeanderGo

Postby Mrsjune » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:09 am

Hi girls sorry wasn’t on in a while the world is strange right now. Glad to hear all the pregnant ladies are doing well. I have been sick the past few weeks not have a persistent UTI just not feeling well in general so ttc has taken a back seat I am off all my supplements at the moment until I’m better. Hope everyone is doing ok in self quarantine very difficult being away from our families hopefully this will be over soon
Mrsjune

Postby LorraineG » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:16 pm

All went perfect today girls thank God! Bit rushed though...theres new restrictions in my hospital that sonographer can only spend 12mins on a scan and anomaly is normally 30mins I think! Once bubs is ok I don't mind though!
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:02 pm

That is great news Lorraine. Congrats. You must be delighted :) flipper did you get a scan in fc?
MrsK19

Postby MeanderGo » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:27 am

Morning ladies. Hope you're all keeping well in these baffling times. Lorraine that's great news about the scan. Bub is growing away merrily there!!
MrsJune sorry you're not feeling great. Hopefully the quieter life being forced on us might help.
Got a question about the scans. Does the 12wk scan look for any anomalies or just check size, generally health and due date?
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:40 am

They didn't mention anything to me about anomolies but she was checking the size and she had a look at the brain to see that it looked ok and that she could see all the limbs and she measured the heart beat to see what that was and gave me the size.
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:09 pm

12wk is just a check everything is ok and in the right place. Anomaly is 20-23 wks and more detailed look at different measurements and detsilednchecknof organs. Mine yesterday she did loads of different heart views, kidneys, tummy, diaphragm, face and mouth, couple of specific bits on the brain as well as length of arms and legs. Scans can't check for syndromes or chromosomal abnormalities/ or can't give a guarantee...I think harmony test is more for that. (Just going by what she said yesterday but like that she was in a bit of a rush so didnt get much chat!)
LorraineG

Postby brownie » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:03 pm

Well girls lots of good news with yere scans since I was last on. MrsK big milestone to have the 12 week scan out of the way and lovely to see so much movement!!
Lorraine what a relief to have the anomaly done too and all went well!! You'll start feeling more movement soon and that brings its own reassurance.
Meander on my 12week consultant measured back of neck I think cos he couldn't see the nose so couldn't be certain of a nasal bone.
Flipper hope Ur hanging in there, how are you feeling? Any nausea?
You working from home with little fella at home too?
MrsJune UTI is miserable, hope you can shake it off and get back to trying!

I think I'm ovulating around now. Didn't actually bother doing any ov tests, don't really know why, just wasn't bothered!! Going by tenderness around ovaries area... Have DTD Wednesday, last night and will do next 2 or 3 days aswell. Enjoying having a nice gin or glass of wine the odd night...

Any plans for yere 2km radius?!!
brownie

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance