Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MrsA » Tue May 19, 2020 4:58 pm

Lorraine so happy all went well xxxx

Dotty is Conor gone? I think he might have done my SIS scan.. he was really optimistic about my follicle count and didn’t think it corresponded with AMH. What did Sandra say about Hans? Just curious as he was my consultant and even though he’s nice I feel his approach is partly responsible for my negative feeling toward Irish clinics. He’s very “charming”.
MrsA

Postby Dotty37 » Tue May 19, 2020 5:34 pm

Yeah hes gone mrsa back to a frontline position in a hospital according to the nurses.
It was a friend who had her consult with hans and he said straight off he didn't believe in immunology issues (the way conor did) and he was going to change her protocol. She was a week away from transfer when the lockdown happened and conor believed immune issues were her problem, shes so upset and I cant blame her. Hans actually wants to take the hydroxocloquorine which is the stuff trump has been banging on about. If hes on it I csnt imagine anyone else would want it. Snd it's a malarial drug. Seems they have lost the plot a bit there. Sandra didn't mention hans sorry I prob didn't explain that well! She was my consultant she now shes gone too. I'm kinda glad to not be going back there with all that's going on.

Lorraine I think honesty is so helpful in these situations, you dont mind so much if they cant do something as long as they dont lie to you about it. Great to be feeling good about it all!
Dotty37

Postby MrsA » Tue May 19, 2020 5:43 pm

Yep sounds like Hans. He believed our issues were my egg quality. He said the quality was awful. He also said there was nothing I could do for egg quality. He was so patronising about my suggestion of supplements to improve things. I asked him for further investigations as I wasn’t comfortable that there wasn’t an underlying uterus issue and he said He believed our embryo quality was pooR and until he could Put a day 5 good quality embryo in and that failed he wasn’t willing to do any further investigations. So basically I left the clinic fully blaming myself, feeling powerless and that there was nothing I could do about it.
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Tue May 19, 2020 6:26 pm

Mrsa I bet your blood is boiling all over again thinking about the way you felt there...hope you can get back to greece asap! I was reading this morning that aegean air are opening for international bookings again soon...all good news!
LorraineG

Postby Flipper23 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:00 pm

Lorraine I’m so glad all went well! So nice to get everything off your chest and get some of your questions answered. I actually had a dream last night that I was hand picking the team who were going to do my c section and I said to the doctor that I didn’t feel I had all the info to do this but he was like “pick your dream team”. Hahahaha.

Girls repromed sound f^cking mad to be honest!! So consultants going back on what their colleagues have said and advised? Sounds like there are some serious egos at play. I think anyone would be massively put off by that carry on. I would go absolutely insane if after lockdown my consultant was gone and the next guy was contradicting him and changing protocol.
Flipper23

Postby Dotty37 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:11 pm

Mrsa sorry if I brought it all back to you, I'm just so shocked and disappointed at how they are treating people. I'm shocked they had that approach to you. Just seems so at odds with serum that they didn't even attempt to try and find a different solution to improve your 'poor eggs' thankfully serum seems to be far better. And judging by the success rate here it's going to be so much better for you!
Dotty37

Postby MeanderGo » Tue May 19, 2020 10:58 pm

Lorraine that's great news about the appt. Bet you've been walking on air since! I'd shaving how an approach can change the whole experience. Power to you! Although I'm a little jealous of your milkshake...
Flipper I had a dream the night before my scan last week where I got pregnant with twins on top of the one already there and I was legging it around looking for a scan so I could see the 3 of them to see if it was real. We saw them and utterly freaked out!!
MrsA, is Hans Canadian/American? If so, our first consultation in Sims was with him and we really didn't feel comfortable with him. He said things that went against generally accepted beliefs - like stress doesn't affect your ability to conceive at all - not outrageous but most clinical people tell you the opposite so you don't know who to believe. Not sure we would have stayed with Sims if it was with him. That's so shit how he treated you.I get worked up about things like this and start dreaming about making a complaint to the medical council... One of those "angry worded letters" that never get written!!
When in June are you due to start your treatment?
MeanderGo

Postby MrsA » Tue May 19, 2020 11:14 pm

Yep meander he’s got an American twang but think he might be from South America. I know he was in Barcelona for years. He was the Medical director of repro by time we started so didn’t really feel we could say much. I just found him very condescending and over the to trying to Connect with us in a sales pitchy kinda way. It wasn’t genuine and I just think once we weren’t going to be a shot in one success his interest in us began to waiver. Like he shot my confidence to bits. I blamed myself for so long, I still do at low points. It’s mad when I think about it. My husband Is amazing and sees the best in everyone but he really never liked or trusted Hans by the end. I never realised how angry he felt for his approach to me and the way it affected my confidence until after our first meeting with Serum when they questioned some of what he had said and his overall approach of no investigations and dosing me up to the highest.

And no dotty not dragging it up, it’s probably why I’m so passive aggressive toward Irish clinics :). I’m not entirely sure any of them would approach an egg issue differently and serum have made me feel a lot more confident so I guess it’s all a learning experience.
MrsA

Postby MrsK19 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:22 pm

Lorraine I am delighted your appointment went so well. Milkshake sounds like a great idea. The different opinions of the different doctors is tough as you just want someone to know how to help. Must be very tough to have a treatment plan changed just because of a change in staff thou. Great that serum seemto have a much more personal approach and build confidence instead of shattering it too.
MrsK19

Postby MeanderGo » Fri May 22, 2020 8:31 am

Hi ladies, how's everybody? Man it's windy out there!! Don't think they'll be much dining outdoors this weekend, unless one likes salad on the hair!
MeanderGo

Postby Flipper23 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:44 am

Hi ladies, how is everyone? I have zilch news other than I really, really need a break from my husband and child just for an afternoon. Husband is back playing golf and I feel insanely jealous that he gets to go and do something he enjoys for 2 hours! My lower back is killing me at the moment so I am considering booking a physio appt just for something to do, haha. Would love nothing more than a bit of pampering right now!

Oliviasmum did AF turn up for you?

Really windy here in Dublin. Feel a bit nervous going out with the buggy! It is a bit of a welcome relief from the heat the last few nights though. Found it SO sticky and airless.
Flipper23

Postby Oliviasmum » Fri May 22, 2020 11:51 am

Haven’t been on the last couple of days have been mad little one is just keeping my on my toes glad everything went well at scan Lorraine I was actually looking at clinics I was highly considering contacting merrion clinic I was reading reviews for repromed and I think I’ll be staying clear of that one for sure especially after the reviews
Af still hasn’t showed up still very crampy not as bad though and woke up the last 2 days covered in acne even got some on my nose how’s that even possible so o say it should show up soon hopefully really feel like it’s on the way as I’m very emotional aswell
Hope everyone is ok and doing good
Oliviasmum

Postby brownie » Fri May 22, 2020 1:20 pm

Haven't been on in ages girls, hope everyone is doing well. Have been struggling a bit with feeling shite. Which I know is a great complaint!
Flipper I hear ya. I would love 3 hours to myself. DH is great, he brings little fella off for an hour in evenings but I just do housework and dinner then so doesn't feel like a break!!

Oliviasmum hopefully AF arrives soon and puts you out of your misery.

Just watching garden furniture flying around the garden here. It's wild in the west!!
Had scan this morning. All looking fine. Measuring 10+2. Harmony test next week. Really really want it to go ok. I'm actually starting to fret a lot over it thinking have we used up all our good luck. Also dying to tell my family. It's been the longest few weeks ever...
brownie

Postby Oliviasmum » Fri May 22, 2020 2:17 pm

Hopefully it does come soon it’s very windy down in the country aswell have the car parked under a tree and praying no branches fall off and damage the car as it’s the only place for me to park hahaha

Glad everything is looking good brownie the very first person I told on my little girl was my Mam I couldn’t not tell her told her even before I told the oh and then I was just so happy in work smiling and laughing and even joking with the customers that a girl I was working with it said you seem so different today you pregnant and she knew straight away by my face I tried to deny it but she already knew sure then by end of the week everyone knew she was one of them who couldn’t keep her mouth shut haha
Oliviasmum

Postby Flipper23 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:41 pm

Tell me I’m being crazy...

Went for physio today as already have sciatica and lower back very sore. He asked me to lie down on my stomach so he could work on my back. I said are you sure it’s ok I’m 14 weeks and he said yeah it’s not a problem. So I did. I wasn’t uncomfortable (actually very comfy!) and my back feels so much better but is it ok for baby?! Am I worrying over nothing?
Flipper23

Postby Oliviasmum » Fri May 22, 2020 7:57 pm

I would say you are prob just overthinking it I used to lie on my stomach all the time when I was pregnant with my little one up until I got to big that I couldn’t actually lie on my stomach anymore it’s the only way I could fall asleep and I was always like that can’t fall asleep any other way and if ya felt very comfortable I wouldn’t worry about it to much glad it worked and if ya feel better
Oliviasmum

Postby Dotty37 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:18 pm

Flipper totally normal to worry but dont panic! It's actually ok to lie in your tummy until you cant basically!!!! The back is the big problem due to the artery etc and that's only after 16/17 weeks. I read in my what to expect book that some people front sleep until 20 weeks etc and only stop when bump gets to big. I know most places for massages etc would get you on your back and not the front but that's purely from an insurance perspective. Glad the physio helped a bit.
Brownie I'm sorry your feeling that way, you have not used up all your good luck at all, the balance is just tipping back in your favour, it cant stay in the negative forever. So glad the scan was good, I know for me it only gave me a brief period of not worrying and then I'd be worrying about the next bit. I'm not sure I've any advice on how to avoid that, its hard to live in the positive with all weve been through.
I'm with you girls on needing a break, little girl is 6 months today I can't believe it. And just full on. Amazing but i need a spa day!!! Or id take a snooze in the car instead at this stage
Dotty37

Postby LorraineG » Fri May 22, 2020 8:57 pm

Brownie...I totally felt like that during our last cycle. I just felt that even though we had miscarried I'd used up my ivf "luck" because I got a bfp on 2 out of 3 rounds. It's a total mindfuck but not at all anything related to the reality of the situation. Each new cycle/pregnancy is it's own entity and doesn't depend at all on how things went previous to that. Hopefully will feel more real once you start to tell people x
Flipper again its just a total mindfuck when we feel like we have to second guess everything that just seemed so normal once! I'm firmly (trying to be anyway!) in the zone of baby is well cushioned and protected in there and if you're comfortable, they are! Having said that I whacked my bump against a trolley the other day and I was full sure I gave myself a right bruise but no sign yet!! Babs still jumping away anyway so no harm done! Sometimes I feel like I'm growing a frog not a baby!!
Oliviasmum hope af hurries up for you if it's coming...nothing like living in limbo waiting for things to happen! Get on to a few of the other clinics and see what they are offering at the moment and what they say about your situation. Knowledge is power!
Dotty hope you get a chance to relax soon x
LorraineG

Postby Dotty37 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:01 pm

Lorraine I did a lovely face mask and feel much better. A few mins to yourself really helps. I hope that didn't come across as insensitive to anyone, was just worrying that it sounded like that. Wasnt meant that way at all.
Dotty37

Postby Oliviasmum » Fri May 22, 2020 11:19 pm

Ah I say it’s just right around the corner I was crabby today just fighting with him for no reason even lost it with the little one but just gave me some attitude back haha and just burst into tears for no apparent reason at all I’m gonna ring around a few of them on Monday and see what they say what’s worst that can happen
Oliviasmum

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance