Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MrsK19 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:16 pm

Sounds like a good plan MrsA, no harm in having your plan B lined up just in case but I think you are doing the right thing having serum as plan A.
MrsK19

Postby Oliviasmum » Mon May 25, 2020 8:33 pm

Sounds like a really good plan mrsA at least now you know what your gonna do as for me I haven’t even rang any other clinics yet just so lazy today didn’t even clean the house
Oliviasmum

Postby Flipper23 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:34 pm

Yeah that’s a solid plan MrsA. Great to get it written down as well. Did you make contact the detective? She sounds fascinating.

I rang my doctor today and brought my scan forward by a week. I wanted to ring him ages ago but honestly his secretary is such a bitch it put me off. When I did ring today (after my husband made me!) she said “he might want a certain amount of time between scans for a reason”. I just stayed silent... like erm, maybe you could just ask him? Then she said “the 5th is only next week”. Again, I said nothing. She rang me back 4 mins later with an appt for Friday. Honest to god. He would go through her I think if he knew the carry on over the phone.
Flipper23

Postby MrsK19 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:42 pm

You should say it to him at the end of your appointment flipper. Don't let it take over your appointment but you should let him know. I got my 21 week appointment mixed up. I thought it was Friday but got a text this evening to remind me it is 2m. Don't know how I mixed it up! Fingers crossed it goes well now.
MrsK19

Postby Flipper23 » Mon May 25, 2020 9:29 pm

She is with him 20+ years, I feel like he must know what a cow she is but is just accepting of it. I think I will say that I would have called sooner if it wasn’t for the guard dog.

Best of luck tomorrow MrsK! Will be thinking of you
Flipper23

Postby Oliviasmum » Mon May 25, 2020 9:44 pm

Best of luck tomorrow Mrsk hope all goes well
Flipper I would defo say it to him before you leave the appointment tomorrow if it was me I would defo say it cause if I didn’t it would eat away at me there was a receptionist at my old doctors surgery who was very like that and I put in a complaint and after that she was never as rude to me again think she knew it was me who put in the complaint cause every time I went the doctors I’d get the eye roll of her haha
Oliviasmum

Postby LorraineG » Mon May 25, 2020 10:17 pm

Best of luck tomorrow mrsk!
Flipper I'm delighted you rang and got moved forward...feck the bitch!!
Mrsa how did you get on with the detective? I'd def stay calling her that for the entertainment value alone!!
I'm shattered these days girls...struggling to keep my eyes open once 10 o'clock hits! No point to that statement...just a random moan!!
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:06 pm

Scan went really well this morn girls. I broke down in tears at the start when the sonographer asked me how I was feeling. Don't think I realised how nervous I was. Didn't sleep well last night and my stomach was upset this morn so must have all been nerves. All looking good thou thank God. Another milestone in the bag.
MrsK19

Postby Oliviasmum » Tue May 26, 2020 2:31 pm

That’s great news mrsk I remember that dreaded feeling of scans coming up I had to go in every week for one when I was nearly 7 months to keep an eye on her progress as they said she was to small and wanted to make sure everything was alright so for the last 2 months I barely slept and couldn’t really enjoy it for all the worrying and they worried me over nothing cause she a healthy thriving nearly 4 year old now in age 6 clothes to tall for her age hahaha
Oliviasmum

Postby LorraineG » Tue May 26, 2020 4:59 pm

Aw that's fantastic mrsk! I cry at pretty much every appointment!! Its nerves, anxiety, hormones and a pandemic...I'm sure they're used to it at this stage!! Delighted it went well for you!
LorraineG

Postby brownie » Tue May 26, 2020 5:06 pm

Oh MrsK brilliant news. Emotional outbursts are totally normal. I'm absolutely chronic this time round, cry at the drop of a hat!!! And I think as much as we try to be positive that niggly doubt is always there. I used to be acting so cool and then my blood pressure would give the game away so much so that he would want to admit me for observation!
Such a relief you are over that that scan, and over the halfway mark woohoo!!

MrsA you have the bull by the horns and all bases covered, love it.
Flipper you are dead right, stick to Ur guns and glad Ur DH nudged you into it. You need it for your sanity.

Yer one can like it or lump it!!
brownie

Postby Dotty37 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:14 pm

Fantastic news mrsk, it's so emotional it's totally ok to cry, wait till you see them for the first time you will be in a heap for days :)
Hope you pregnant ladies are coping ok in this heat, its not fun at all.
Dotty37

Postby MrsA » Fri May 29, 2020 10:38 am

Morning ladies it’s the weekend at last. OMG the weather!! I’m loving it but can imagine it’s so tough and the expectant ladies. Hope you’re all doing ok.

Made an appointment for fertility detective for Wednesday week. It’s a Skype one so feel good about that.

How’s everyone doing?
MrsA

Postby MrsK19 » Fri May 29, 2020 12:30 pm

Ye nice long weekend too. Woohoo! All good here. No news really. Dying to hear how you get on with the detective MrsA.
MrsK19

Postby Oliviasmum » Sat May 30, 2020 6:44 pm

Hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying the weather I think af is making a show had a bit of brown earlier when I went to the toilet (tmi sorry) but am absolutely delighted that it finally is starting to make an appearance little one has me worn out went and bought her a basketball hoop so that’s all she wants to do all day everyday we so be out till 10 at night hahaha
Oliviasmum

Postby MeanderGo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:01 pm

Hi ladies, it's been a quiet few days on the forum! How are you all doing? Oliviasmum, did af arrive? At least if it does, you can start focusing on the next cycle. Did you contact any more clinics? Are you fixed on iui?
Flipper how was the scan last Friday? Everything going well? How was yer wan? Cold Shoulder Central?
MrsA, appt next Wednesday yes? So interested to hear what she says. Any word back from Penny about your plan? Still good to go in August (pending collapse of society)?
Girls do you mind if I have a good moan? I feel I've used up my moan quota with DH. I know we've been really lucky with the first transfer and double luck with no morning sickness. But this constipation has me flat on my back with stomach and back cramps about twice a week with a stomach that's extended twice what it should be. Is this common?! Loads of days there's no reaction to the laxative, then it seems to build up and turn my insides out. This is going to be a miserable 20 more weeks, esp if its gonna get worse... Flipper did you ever get an answer to the movicol question? Not sleeping great either as work is crazy so brain is racing. So I've got a great overtired 4 year old impersonation going on too!!
MeanderGo

Postby Flipper23 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:23 pm

Oh meander you poor thing. I am right here with you, and if one more person suggests fibre or upping my water intake I will implode.

So my appt last Friday was incredibly rushed because consultant was rushing to theatre. I had also worked myself up into such a state that I remember nothing after “all looks good” so never got to have the conversation. I am still taking lactulose and constantly upping the dose with little effect. I’m back with him on 15th so will he bringing it up again. It can’t continue!

I hope the stress eases soon and you start to sleep ok. There is nothing worse than not sleeping!

How is everyone?
Flipper23

Postby MeanderGo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:32 am

"All looks good" sounds like a good start flipper :-) Did you get any reassurance from that or do you still have lots of questions? 15th isn't too long away (why am I saying that, I know its ages away when you're anxious to get back!!) and you'll have more time to go through everything with him then. I'm also in on 15th so I'll definitely be coming out with a plan to tackle this. My dose has been creeping up too and for the last 2 weeks its been at 70ml. I'm wondering what wretched state my poor bowels are gonna be in after all this!
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:34 am

Haven't been checking in much tbh...trying to cope with the *amazing* weather over the last week! I'm loving it on one hand and hating it on the other! And then of course you get the guilt coz seriously how often are we blessed with weather like that?!
Glad of a little respite from it but hope it's not gone altogether now!
Meander...would you try taking a probiotic as well as the lactulose? I've always suffered with a bad digestive system and I've found since I'm taking the probiotic regularly its much better...even with pregnancy. I take the optibac every day one - it's safe for pregnancy and you dont have to keep in the fridge!
Flipper great all is looking good! Sorry it was a bit rushed on you but I suppose theatre takes priority!!
Mrsa...can't wait to hear how you get on with the detective! Had to check back...thought it was yesterday! Am I the only one who's found the last week dragged??
Hows everyone else doing?
LorraineG

Postby Oliviasmum » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:42 pm

Flipper glad everything looks good and so sorry it was a bit rushed hopefully the 15th will fly in for you meander I found when I was taking the prenatal vitamins during my pregnancy that is what caused my constipation it was really bad I was in so much pain and when I stopped taking them and just start taking the folic acid and iron tablets separate it eased so much but there nothing worse then being constipated af showed up eventually and my god it’s like the flood gates have opened (sorry to much info) and my lifeline tablets feminax have been discontinued so I’m stuck with Panadol and I’ve seriously gone through a whole pack since last night I know I shouldn’t but I’m in so much pain I haven’t contacted any other clinics as of yet I said I’d see what next month is like and give it another go and if nothing then I’ll get the ball rolling cause have the little one in hospital for her tonsils the start of July so wanna get that over with first as well Lorraine I hear ya about the weather I’ve been constantly outside with the little one glad of the break cause she be screaming to go back out at 10 at night
Oliviasmum

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance