Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby Babydreams87 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:41 pm

That sounds lovely Oliviasmum, I think we all need a hug these days. But my mum cares for my sister who has special needs so I have to keep my distance for now :(
It also sounds like you had your peak, good to DTD just to cover the bases those eggs can hang a around small while after ovulation so make sure you catch it!
MrsK thanks I think baseline will be around 15th but have to get the virals from March re-done as we are now outside the 3 month window.
Hate blood draws, but I feel between the blood draws and needles we are all superwomen!!!
Babydreams87

Postby Oliviasmum » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:12 pm

Think I missed the opportunity never got a chance to do anything last night little one acting up again screaming crying and taking off her underwear and trousers and refusing to put them back on and then she was in the bed with me trying to coax her into her own bed tonight but we will see

Ah I say it won’t be to much longer before you can get that much needed hug if the numbers keep staying down because sometimes you just need that hug and as daft as it sounds it does make you feel better
Oliviasmum

Postby MeanderGo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:39 am

Olivisamum I know, best laid plans (pun intended..) are always interrupted. Hope you get a chance this morning - does you dd have nap time?? Keep an eye on the tests, as you said your system is a bit all over the place so you didn't ovulate yet and you have another chance *fingerscrossed*
Babydreams we had to tell our folks over video even though they live 10 mins away. And we weren't able to hug them until the last 2 weeks. It is hard but at least you're able to see them from the front gate. I thought of all the people who live away and don't see their folks for the whole pregnancy & possibly the birth too so it made me a bit more grateful for the socially distant cuppas. But if you're successful in July/August, and potentially allow a few weeks grace period, that's so far away from now that things could have changed a lot so I wouldn't let it way on your mind. I know my mum was really struggling not being able to do things together during the last few weeks (she's been waiting for this pregnancy since forever - only daughter in among a rake of sons!), but I was able to take a video of the scans for dh and could send them to her, I'll go mat clothes shopping soon and she'll come. So we get the love in other ways.
MrsA, Dotty how did the tww go? any glimmer of hope...?? How are you feeling now about your timeframe MrsA? Have you started on the diet plan/supplement list? Are you going to go for the blood tests or l&d?
Brownie so glad you're feeling better on the pain front. Were you this sick last time? You really seem to be going through the horrors.
Flipper how are you doing?? hope you're feeling better and can relax a bit. Have you met that new client yet, or how is that saga going?
Girls, I think I'm more excited about my starting on movicol than the pregnancy - everything's working again!!! It's a miracle drug. Feel so much better. Have an open-ended prescription from my doc now. The relief...
Lorraine - how are you doing??
MeanderGo

Postby Michelle81 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:20 pm

Hi everyone,I'm not sure if many of ye remember me. I was on the forum for a few years and I think of you all often. Lorraine you must be nearly there now? I see congrats are in order for ye Brownie and Flipper again- I'm so happy for ye and pray that it all goes well for ye.
Dotty and gymbunni I hope that ye wont be back on here too long - I shared many posts with ye back in the day.
MrsA I hope Serum will be able to finally get you over the line.
Hope ye are all keeping safe in these mad times
Michelle81

Postby MrsA » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:29 pm

Michelle so nice to hear froM you. I hope you’re well xx
MrsA

Postby MeanderGo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:57 pm

Hi Michelle, we overlapped for a little bit. Good to hear from you again. Hope you're keeping well and positive vibes are finding you :-)
MeanderGo

Postby Michelle81 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:12 pm

Congrats to you too Meander - so glad to see things are working out for you too.
My situation hasn't changed in that I'm not ttc again or anything. When I left the forum it was because myself and dh actually had split up. It was a really difficult time after all we had been through. Just when I was starting to get on with life again I found out that he was having a baby with another woman. It was heartbreaking of course but worse still she had the baby a couple of weeks ago. We didnt separate until the end of October so ye can do the Maths...
Anyway...the thing is, we still have a frozen embryo from our last cycle last year and now I have a decision to make!
Michelle81

Postby MrsA » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:35 pm

Oh my god!!! Michelle you poor thing!! What a few months... I can’t believe that. How are you? I’m sorry if that’s a completely ridiculous question.
MrsA

Postby brownie » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:03 pm

Michelle, so good to hear from you, I wonder a lot about how you were doing. I am so so sorry that this has happened to you, that is just unthinkable, Jesus how do you even make sense of that. You sound like you are being so strong, what way are you being swayed with the embryo?? If you don't try it you'll always be wondering what might have been. Big decision for sure.
brownie

Postby Dotty37 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Michelle!!! Oh my god I'm delighted to hear from you (but not your news) I really do often think of you and how your doing. I'm so sorry you've been through all that, im so sorry your dh was such a complete bo**ocks by the sounds of it. Have you had lots of support from friends and family? I really hope that that little embaby is giving you some positivity tho? We know your a very strong courageous person so I think you would take it all in your stride x
Dotty37

Postby Babydreams87 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:42 pm

You’re right meander I am lucky she lives in the same county, I can’t imagine not having our garden visits every now and again.
You must be so excited for mat clothes shopping! It was one of the things I always imagined would be such a lovely thing to do. Mat clothes are so cute.

I’m so sorry Michelle that’s horrible news. What a horrific thing to do to you. There’s nothing I can say to make this less sh*t but I am thinking of you.
Babydreams87

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:48 pm

Hi ladies sorry I haven't checked in in a while, I changed phones & couldn't remember my password so I have been following but not commenting...had to come on when I read your post Michelle, I'm absolutely devastated for you. How horrible. I hope you are doing ok...definitely big decisions to make. I wish I had something even remotely helpful to say xx

Glad all scans have all been perfect for all you pregnant ladies, hope your all feeling great xx

Lorraine not long for you hun, hope you are not feeling too uncomfortable etc! The last few weeks are tough! X

Luke is doing great, I'm enjoying every minute of him. DH went back to work last week so just finding my feet a bit! I'm tired but so happy xx
Sarah83

Postby Flipper23 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:20 pm

Michelle I remember you well. I cannot believe everything you have been through... I’m so sorry. And if you don’t mind me saying so, what a f*cking scumbag!!!!!! A really hard decision to have to make also. What are your thoughts on it? I can’t even imagine.
Flipper23

Postby MeanderGo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:37 pm

Michele that's unreal! What an absolute w*nker. After everything you've been through. I'm so sorry you've had to suffer that on top of all the fertility hell. At least you're rid of him. With the embaby, what a tough decision. I'm sure you've spoken about it at length with friends and family so if you're not in the mood, please don't feel obliged to repeat. Would it be hard potentially seeing traits of your ex in your child? Would it always be a reminder of him? Would a donor route be an option, to be completely clear of him? Although that's another journey... God I don't envy you. We can offer to send virtual Voodoo doll stabbings his way... :twisted:
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:57 am

Hey girls...sorry been MIA for the last while...just been feeling tired and sorry for myself!
Michelle...I cannot even imagine!! My heart just goes out to you. What an absolutely horrible shitty situation. And what an asshole! You deserve so much better xxxxxx
Meander, mrsk how are ye getting on? Flipper how are the nerves holding up? Whens your next appointment?
Dotty how are you? Is the anxiety of ttc starting to creep in yet or are you staying relaxed about it for the moment?
Oliviasmum hope you managed to get a couple of rounds in...and hope your little girl is feeling better!
Babydreams....exciting to get started! What's the plan? Where are you at at the moment? Sorry you prob said but I've loads to catch up on!!
Mrsa...hows the detectives plan working?? Have you a countdown going for September yet? I'm sure it feels like an age away yet but it will fly!
Sarah so delighted you and Luke are doing well...how fast have those weeks gone??
I'm sure I've forgotten someone/a few...I'm blaming baby brain!
Afm I've just been feeling crappy and sorry for myself and didnt want to be on here giving out when I know how goddamn lucky I am to be here at all. I am just so done with this pregnancy now! So so unbelievably excited to meet my little bundle but just want to get there already!! Insomnia, bad hip and pelvic pain and a freak out where I thought social welfare were gonna cut me off and I'd have to find a job a week after baby was born have not helped!! Finally got things sorted yesterday and feel so much better today. The weight off my shoulders is unreal and got a decent nights sleep which always helps! Still have bad hip pain but what ya gonna do?! Hopefully only about 7 weeks left so fingers crossed no more dramas and I can just relax my way through the rest of it!
LorraineG

Postby Dotty37 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:39 am

Meander I meant to say before congrats on the constipation relief---- the best feeling when all is working well. Thank God you got the movicol. How are you feeling otherwise?
Lorraine your not moaning, it's super tough in the last few weeks. I remember feeling the same, not wanting to complain BUT I felt terrible and was just so over pregnancy. Allow yourself to moan whenever you want, growing a human is a superhuman task! Try and get lots of rest, do a nice face mask or read a book (it will be a while before those things happen again :) )just sit and do absolutely nothing. Glad you got sorted with revenue that's something you don't want to have to worry about.
Hows all the other pregnant ladies?
Relishing this 48 hr heat wave?!
Mrsa how are you? Have you had any thoughts about what to do?
I'm just mid af, Lorraine I've disappeared down the ttc hole again, convinced myself last week I had sore boobs etc, of course i wasnt pregnant. Think were going to start having some consultations in November and do another cycle in the new year. I need a focus to lose some weight for aswell and I always found nothing like a fertility appt to keep me focused. I swear I'm the only person to put on weight after having a baby....
Dotty37

Postby Michelle81 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:28 am

Thanks for all the messages ladies. I thought of coming back here many times but didnt feeling it was appropriate. It has been a tough 8 months and especially since I found out he was having a baby because we went into lockdown so I had to deal with it on my own. But it did make me stronger. He told me he slept with her after we split up and that the baby wasnt due until July but that was all lies. It was upsetting as some of ye might remember that I went for a biopsy in the UK back in September- he sat with me through the painful procedure, paid out a lot of money for it and he had already slept with her it seems. Anyway clearly I am better off!
I've gone over the embryo situation so many times. If course it's hard to consider having HIS baby and I have to consider if it would be fair on the baby too. But you ladies understand the value of that frozen embryo. It breaks my heart to think of letting it go. And what if that's my hope of being a mother?
Michelle81

Postby MrsA » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:37 am

Oh wow Lorraine that sounds stressful. Why would they cut you off? Glad it's sorted though as it's the last thing you'd need. As Dotty said try and relax and be kind to yourself. I can only imagine the heat etc is a killer at the moment.

Dotty I'm so sorry that you're back in the TTC rabbithole, getting caught up in the symptom spotting can be a nightmare when it goes South. I hope you're ok. It's good to get a plan into your head and November is a good month as I think a lot of the madness will have calmed down by then. Where are you thinking of going?

Jesus Michelle I still just can't believe all of that. I think you need to go with your gut really. There's so many ifs and buts and what ifs. Would he have have to sign anything if you decided to go ahead?
MrsA

Postby Oliviasmum » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:34 am

Meander I’m so glad you got some relief from movicol it is absolutely brilliant stuff....
Lorraine glad you got everything sorted in the end and got a good nights sleep nothing worse when sw stress u out they are pr**ks sometimes they have me the run around with my maternity benefit when I was finishing work...
Michelle I’m so sorry that has happened to you what a shitty thing to do I can’t give any advice on the embryo as I wouldn’t know myself what to do for the best but whatever you decide you know will be the best option for you...
Mesa you are in the tww how are you getting on and if anybody else is aswell how is it going..
Afm haven got even half a round in hahah little maggot is constantly in my bed with me she seems fine today thank god but still got up a few times last to use the loo so I really think the antibiotics are not getting rid of it so might call the doc just Incase and see what they say
Oliviasmum

Postby MrsA » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:42 am

Oliviasmum glad to hear she's doing a bit better.

Prepare for an emotional rant below, sorry in advance gals.

Nothing really new with the detective as she wants me to get the bloods done so she can add to the report she's doing up for me. I'll be honest though girls I've hit a wall. Friends of ours who got married two and a half years after us have announced they're expecting after only a few months of trying. Happy for them but just feeling miserable for myself since. Haven't felt this low in months. Cried nearly solidly yesterday as just feel so far away from the goal. We're married nearly three years. We've tried solidly every month bar one month to get pregnant and no joy, 2 IUI, 2 IVF and a hysto later. I know that there was the septum issue but it was corrected in January and I think I really thought if that was the issue something would have happened by now. I've not so much achieved as much as a pregnancy scare since we started TTC. I'm so scared that there's something fundamentally wrong with me that will prevent this from ever happening. I'm so jealous of those friends as I feel (illogically) like they didn't even have to try and why is it so happening so quickly for them (again illogical as I don't know anything about how long they tried) and I just keep saying it's all so unfair over and over to DH who at this stage is at his wits end.

I'm sorry about the depressing Wednesday read girls, I think I was overdue an emotional meltodwn as I'd kept it together for the last few weeks.
MrsA

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance