Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MeanderGo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi pepperpotts, welcome back. Sounds like you've a lot to process. I can understand the desire to change given they just want to do the same thing over again. I was with Sims and found them good, but I'm a straight forward enough IVF case. Although they did change up my meds when I was doing TSI cycles to try to get different reactions so at least they were creative enough in their approach to me. I'm pretty sure there were a number of people posting here before about low amh so maybe a quick search might unearth something.
MrsA - the best I could find on fertility and thyroid - https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... 0fertility. I'm sure there's more detailed webpages but I trust mayo clinic. And I agree with going when you feel ready. It'll be a much more stressful event if you feel unprepared or rushed.
MrsAmy, yes I think you left just as I got my news. 2 attempts for egg collection but first transfer worked! We were so lucky because if it didn't work, we would have had to wait until after Covid closure to try again. Other than needing to go down the IVF route, we've really been so lucky overall that things have gone so well. Delighted you guys are going to give it a go. Were your kiddies all conceived naturally, but the endo has you going down the IVF route now? Good luck with all your tests!!
Thought this bank holiday would never arrive! Took a sneaky day off today as manager is on leave. Feel like a new woman :-)
MeanderGo

Postby MrsAmy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:55 pm

That's so amazing Meander. I'm totally thrilled for you. When are you due?? Do you mind me asking why it took two attempts at ec? I'm so new to all of this, I haven't a clue about most of it. Realistically, dh has said one go, and that's it. We probably couldn't afford a second one anyway to be honest :-/ haha perhaps if my amazon habit was curbed it might help a bit... :-P

Yeah our three were all conceived easily and naturally. My thyroid went out of whack after I had my daughter, tried for a year, conceived, miscarried, and haven't been able to conceive again since. I was diagnosed with endometriosis last summer and had the surgery then in October, where they said it was stage 4... :-|
The surgeon said that my uterus looked fine. There had been a lot of endo in ovaries and tubes so she unstuck the ovaries but reckoned the tubes themselves were compromised...so hoping, beyond hope, that just bypassing tubes will do the trick.
MrsAmy

Postby MeanderGo » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:48 am

Lorraine, what's your plan now for the birth? Are you def going with c-section? do you have any more scans before due date? Are you still feeling positive about it all?? Hope so! You're so close!!
MrsAmy, were due 21st Oct (although doc says tell everyone Halloween). We had to cancel EC on the morning because my LH levels were too low (pco-related) which meant the eggs wouldn't have matured and released. So he just drained the ovaries and we started again. The second time was fine, we used a different trigger that had LH in it and eggs did what they were supposed to. It all counted as the one cycle because they didn't get to do egg collection on the first. I think once you do egg collection (even if you only get 1 egg) it counts as a cycle. He said my situation was very rare so not something you need to worry about!
That's great you got all 3 bambinos naturally and that the identified problem now you can hopefully just bypass. I didn't know much about endo before ladies on here started talking about it. It sounds so painful. You have my full respect in having to deal with it!
MeanderGo

Postby MrsA » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:53 am

Thanks ladies for all the words of wisdom.. Meander I didn’t know that so thanks a million for the link.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.
MrsA

Postby MrsAmy » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:29 pm

Thanks Meander. It's a horrid disease.
You won't find October rolling in!! :-) so exciting!

Anyone know what the story is with cancelled cycles? Why would cycles be cancelled? Terrified we'd get that far and have rug pulled from under us! I know I'm putting the cart before the horse a bit but I'm a planner... :-P have to have backup plans for the backup plans.

I think if we hadn't conceived and missed last time I'd have accepted defeat a bit more gracefully and tried to move on but as things stand, I know it's probably whiney to go on about being unable to have another baby, as I know I'm lucky to have had my guys without any trouble... But I suppose I just feel I'll always regret it if we don't.
MrsAmy

Postby LorraineG » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:23 pm

Had checkup yesterday and def still breech so section is booked in for next week!! Unless baby turns before it! And I think they do a quick scan that morning to make sure nothings changed! Really excited now to meet my little troublemaker!!
Meander...tell no one your date!! I've only told my mam and sis...everyone else I've refused and just said August! I'd say even dh hasn't had a clue of due date at times!!
Mrsamy I'd say the main reason for cycles getting cancelled would be if clinic feels you're not responding well to meds and there's not many follicles to collect (theres a whole rant available here if you want it on Irish clinics and their preference for quantity over quality ;) ) but for most ladies this isn't usually too big an issue. Generally I think if a cycle gets cancelled before egg collection you're only charged for whatever scans and blood tests you've done but once you do egg collection that's counted as a cycle. On our first cycle we had nothing to transfer as none of our embryos made it to day 5 and we got a part refund of €1000 (which we put straight towards next cycle) but again I think that's a fairly unusual outcome. See what your amh and other bloods come back as and I'd say start prepping you and dh with vitamins etc if your not already and try not to worry too much about cancelled cycles etc...it does work first go for lots of people!
Mrsa how you doing? You get in touch with penny about booking for sept? Fyi in case you haven't seen on their fb they will possibly be moving to their new clinic soon so different area for accommodation research! :)
LorraineG

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:29 pm

Wow Lorraine not long to go at all. Hope your feeling ok about the section. They will prob do a quick scan the morning of to check. Really looking forward to hearing your exciting news x
Need to go back and read everyone's news, I've been so busy lately haven't had much time to reply. Hope everyone is well!
Dotty37

Postby LorraineG » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:31 pm

I'm good with the section dotty. I know I'll be overwhelmed and emotional, but it will be about happiness and finally getting to this point not about sad memories! And I know I wont be blindsided by it now which is great! Thanks so much to all you lovely ladies for helping get me there...dunno what I'd do without ye! So so excited!
LorraineG

Previous

Return to TTC with Assistance