Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MeanderGo » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:36 pm

Great to hear from you MrsK, sounds like you're getting along just fine. You're so close now, I'd say you're belly dancing with the excitement (in your mind at least). I hadn't heard that either in terms of not letting you go over if you're an IVF baby. I wonder why... I was thinking of this baby can get themself pointing the right direction, I wouldn't mind an extra week of calm :D there's goes that plan... How are you feeling? Whale-like or still ok?
MrsA, isn't it always the way!! You were like clockwork for years... If af arrives, how does that interfere with your plans? Does everything just get moved forward a few days? How are those flights looking to Athens? Good luck with sorting the scan and anything else you suddenly need to get done!! It'll all be fine so you're right not to panic. Clinics are used to scheduled being thrown out the window!!
MeanderGo

Postby MrsA » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:31 pm

To be fair all it means is that we’re going out a few days earlier. Just awks because it’s a Saturday so trying to organise a scan was pain. It was actually awkward anyway though as two companies doing the scans wanted me to give a specific date, pay in full and pay a fee if I cancelled. It was just a bit stressful but I met a really nice woman through the detective who does the scans, doesn’t make me pay in full and can scan me on Monday. Just waiting to hear back from Penny re when I’ll start stimming so a) make sure my scan time of 4pm isn’t too late and b) make sure I’m ok to get a filling on Monday. Eeek. Myself and dh had a little moment earlier - building to this since we met them in January. Can’t believe it’s finally happening.
MrsA

Postby MrsK19 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:22 pm

Typical MrsA. I swear af just loves fecking with us all. Exciting to be getting going now thou :)
Meander am feeling pretty big now alright. The last 2weeks belly has just popped out like a football and am wobbling like a penguin. So chuffed to be here thou, even if it is uncomfortable.
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:38 pm

Oh mrsa...so typical! I found babyscan great...technically you had to book, prepay etc but they were really understanding that it might gave to change due to ivf. One lady kept me pencil in 2 appointments just in case! Great thing with serum is there not overly bothered if its day 1, 2 or 3 you have your scan and can adjust the stimming plan accordingly!
Mrsk it's all very exciting now! Some consultants don't like to let people go over if ivf coz you know your dates exactly but others (like mine) are more like a pregnancy is a pregnancy and can go over sometimes depending on the baby! If you dont want to be induced say so...they can't do anything without you being ok with it! Best questions ever (for every scenario) are "is baby ok? Am I ok?" If alls fine theres no need to interfere if you dont want to!
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Thanks Lorraine that is really good advice :)
MrsK19

Postby Dotty37 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:03 am

Mrsa it's all starting!!! Really exciting. It's always the way that the af goes a bit mental especially when your planning travel too. Best of luck and looking forward to hearing the updates!
Sarah I have to wait 12 months but that's because of the section, well done on the vbac, I'd imagine they wont need to wait too long after that if you didnt want to.
Mrsk your so close, wow! My consultant didnt treat me any differently because of ivf, for me it was very much your the same as anyone once your pregnant- unless other factors of course. Hope your getting some rest!
Meander I'm thinking of another cycle early next year, dd is 1 at the end of November and tbh I'm still trying to shift a few kilos. I want to be in the best place I can be. How are you doing? Bags packed yet?
Lorraine hope your doing ok, i miss the new born snuggles. Freya here is a little ninja and went off the bed on friday. Think I cried more!
Brownie and flipper hope your ok!
Dotty37

Postby MrsA » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:49 am

Ha panic of the period might have been overly cautious. Spotting is still ongoing, mostly brown the odd time a bit of a dark pink but hasn’t progressed into full flow. If it doesn’t by this evening I’ll reschedule the scan until Tuesday. It would suit me better if it came then anyway. Bit of excitement to start us off anyway.
MrsA

Postby Dotty37 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:33 am

Isnt it always the way mrsa. Gives you a bit more organising time. Also I forgot to say before, I had wine after collection and actually one or 2 during stims on my little girl. I was far more relaxed that cycle and well....it worked. One glass isnt going to make a bit of difference
Dotty37

Postby MrsA » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:42 am

Thanks dotty - I had a pizza, a Nando’s and an Italian last night so was ready to be a bit hard on myself but then I just said feck it life is too short and 75% of the time I’m good. Definetly going to look forward to some wine after collection :)
MrsA

Postby Dotty37 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:53 am

Oh my god that sounds delicious!!!! I need a nandos. Best approach to this cycle is to relax....and your off to a good start!
Dotty37

Postby MrsA » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:03 am

Hah I just reread that. I had the pizza and Nando’s on wed and fri and Italian last night. It reads like I ate everything last night lolz.
MrsA

Postby MrsA » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:27 am

Actually quick q - did you guys give up coffee for stimming? I drink one a day but was contemplating giving it up. Having said that I do love that one coffee!!
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:23 pm

I was gonna say mrsa.. that was some feed last night!! :D I don't drink coffee much but I did when I was stimming because fresh coffee is just so nice in Europe! I wouldn't worry about 1 or 2 cups a day and I'd def be enjoying the food and the couple glasses of wine between collection and transfer. Once you get over there just relax and enjoy where you can!
Dotty it's hard to believe freya's heading towards her 1st birthday! Where did that time go!! Hows the ttc going?
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:37 pm

MrsA I love my coffee and I was worried about giving it up too as it is more part of my relaxing routine than anything. I switched to decaf when we were approaching ivf and got Barry's decaf tea too and once I got over the initial headache from withdrawing from the caffeine I now enjoy the decaf just as much. Know decaf isn't perfect either but for me it was the ritual of it as much as anything else that I didn't want to give up.
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:54 pm

Did af show up properly mrsa?? Is it baseline scan tomorrow?? Excited.com!!
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:21 pm

Yes after more ongoing spotting she did this evening so I’m booked in for tomo evening :) only going to be going out a day early now. I’m ready to go :)
MrsA

Postby Dotty37 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:44 pm

Best of luck with the scan mrsa!!!
Dotty37

Postby MeanderGo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:59 pm

All good to go MrsA? What's the plan??
MeanderGo

Postby MrsA » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:53 pm

Hey gals scan looked good but lining still thick. Have sent it into penny so hopefully she’ll come back with a POA in the AM :)
MrsA

Postby Dotty37 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:18 pm

Did penny get back to you mrsa?
Dotty37

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance