Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MeanderGo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:58 pm

I echo everything that's been said above MrsA. Great you've another cycle paid for, and good timing with your sister's wedding that you can have a few months to take a break, enjoy that to the full, and then get going again. We all believe and know you'll get there, and we'll be here until you do!! Repromed got your system and cycle so wrong, so you can't put any weight into their opinions. Stick with Penny. Mind yourself x
MeanderGo

Postby LorraineG » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:56 pm

Mrsa how you doing today? X
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:39 pm

Hey girls thanks so much for your kind words. You’re all lovely. I’m doing ok, up and down. I drank a fair bit of wine this weekend I won’t lie. I’m not as devastated as I was after our cycle last year which is something. It’s just I feel fine one minute and then someone will by the house with a pram and I get so upset and sad. Suppose will just take time. I’ve counselling booked for tomorrow. I’ve also got an appointment booked with gynae for end of October as want to see if she can refer me for laparoscopy to rule out endometriosis. And I guess to rule out any other potential issues. Hoping my vhi might cover it. I haven’t emailed penny yet so gonna so that tonight and see what her thoughts are on it all x
MrsA

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:48 pm

Mrsa drink all the wine...allow yourself anything you like. Its great you have a session booked tomorrow and it sounds like your very tuned in to what you need right now to help get yourself through it. Your vhi will definitely cover that, all the gynaes know how to get it through without using fertility- each procedure has a code and they just use a different one so fertility isnt mentioned. I had 2 of my surgeries that way! I think that's a great plan too.
Dotty37

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:04 pm

MrsA drink & eat whatever you want...now is not the time to be giving any thought to anything other than what you can do to make you feel even a tiny bit better! And yes I had my lap & dye with laya health insurance, they just use a code so no fertility mentioned x
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:52 am

I agree...eating and drinking yourself stupid for a couple of days is well needed and deserved. I'm glad you dont feel as devastated but of course it's still going to hurt when its pushed in your face unexpectedly. It's good that you're being proactive with the counselling and gynae apts. Hope they're able to shed a bit of light on things
LorraineG

Postby LorraineG » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:00 am

How is everyone doing? Anyone impacted by the level 4 restrictions up the country? I'd say it's only a matter of time before we're all there. Case numbers are frightening again!
Also I have mastitis again (in the boob that has never given me any trouble!) Happy Friday!!
LorraineG

Postby MeanderGo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:26 pm

Hi ladies, how's everybody doing? Looks like we're in for more measures. Hope it's not too stressful for everyone. It'll be harder this time without the fabulous weather but I suppose there trying to save Christmas, which I fully support!!
How have you been feeling MrsA? Hope the counsellling session was good and got a lot of the emotions out. It's very normal for emotions to be going up and down, fine one minute and flattened the next. The lap at the end of the month should hopefully help, both in terms of feeling like you're doing something and in giving you possible answers.
Lorraine, how are you? More mastitis!? Has it cleared up yet, or how long does it take to clear up? That's so frustrating. How is roisin doing? Any smiles yet?
MrsK, how is little Anna doing??
Oliviasmum, how are you holding up? Did you get any answers?
Dotty, brownie, hope you're doing good!!
MeanderGo

Postby MrsA » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:03 pm

HI Gals - hope you're all well. Sorry I've been MIA, work has been busy etc. Crikey the level 5 is exhausting, I mean i get it and i'll abide by it but I can't wait for a time when things are back to normal... bar working from home as i'll happily do that forever :)

Counselling was good, felt better for it. I'm up and down but I suppose that's normal. Not as defeated as I was last year. I've my appointment with doctor next week so hopefully she might be able to give me a referral for a laparoscopy. Ideally I'd want a hysteroscopy done as part of it but I'm not sure how that works. Actually anyone who had one done before - will insurance cover it if for fertility or does it need to be another reason?

Had follow up with Penny. She told me not to give up hope as IVF is a numbers game and often comes down to how many times you're willing to try. She was very optimistic about how the cycle went. Of 15 eggs, 7 were used for IVF and 6 fertilised. 8 were used for ICSI of which only two fertilised. She doesn't think we have a low fertilization rate and for next cycle would only use IVF and she doesn't think ICSI is needed. It was done to learn more about the eggs response to each treatment based on both my previous rounds.

She doesn't want to change much of the protocol as she thinks I responded well. I agree with that. I gave her my concerns about them not growing to blastocysts but she said of the two put back inside me were excellent and she fully expected that they would have grown to blasto. I'm taking that with a pinch of salt because of what happened with the other embies but she was very confident with them and i know they don't give false hope if not good.

She was adamant about getting another hysto done - either as part of lap or with them before cycling again as she thinks it ups the chances to do it and cycle the following month. She told me to take a break and try naturally for a few months as she thinks chances of natural conception would be about 30% after everything they've learned so far.

Overall it's very positive. I'm just feeling a bit empty at the moment. I know it'll pass soon but just hard to get back on the horse right now.

How are all of you? Meander you must be nearly ready to go now? Dotty/Sarah - any progress on your IVF plans? Lorraine I hope the mastitis has passed, it sounds quite painful. Mrsk, hope you're enjoying the newborn cuddles.
MrsA

Postby Oliviasmum » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:10 pm

Lorraine hope the mastitis has cleared up and wasn’t to painful for you

Mrsa that all sounds so good she is right just take a bit of time of and relax before you start again so glad the counseling helped you

I got the results of the blood test and I’m not pregnant so relieved to finally have an answer all the same but it is very strange though but I was reading some ovarian cysts can cause false positives so maybe that’s the reason as both my ovaries have cysts the left one in particular is the worst one out of them I’ve been emailing clinics enquiring about iui but I don’t know if that would even be an option for me with the pcos but we will see anyway do any of you girls have any recommendations for a clinic to get in touch with preferably in the Dublin region hopefully they don’t close down.

Hope everyone is doing good and keeping safe
Oliviasmum

Postby MrsK19 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:50 am

Lorraine you poor thing mastitis pq supposed to be really sore. Hope you are doing ok. I was struggling last week with breastfeeding as it was just so painful but I went to the lactation consultants in Holles street and they sorted me out by showing me how to correct the latch and it has made such a difference!
MrsA you are very close now, how are you feeling? Will level 5impact you?
MrsA my hysteroscopy was covered by my health insurance. Don't think they mentioned about it being fertility related.
Interestingly when I was in labour they were checking my cervix to see how far dilated I was and the midwife said she felt a fairly big polyp on my cervix. Not sure if it is new but if not it could explain difficulty conceiving, thou I don't know how they could have missed it when they were doing their scans and doing the hysteroscopy. Have to get it checked now and hopefully it is nothing sinister.
Oliviasmum sorry to hear about the negative. That is terrible if pcos causes false positives! As if things aren't hard enough!
MrsK19

Postby MeanderGo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:41 pm

Oliviasmum I glad you finally got an answer. And it's good you're contacting clinics. You'll most likely have to have a consultation first anyway and then you can explore whether iui is the correct option for you. I went to Sims and found them generally fine. I got a call from the midwife there recently just checking how I was doing which I thought was really nice of her.
MrsA glad the counsellling and feedback from penny helped. All information brings you one step closer. I'm glad you've the February cycle still, you can put your effort into tweaking a few things between now and then which is good for staying in control.
Lorraine, how are you and Roisin doing these days?
MrsK, is Anna flying??
Ladies, I'm delighted to announce that Lil Bill arrived smack on time yesterday morning (despite my being convinced it would be another week at least), weighing in at a very considerate 7.2lbs with a nicely small head :lol: it was so surreal, but today he makes perfect sense and we are all doing great
MeanderGo

Postby MrsK19 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Congrats Meander. Nice weight and bang on time too. I hope you are recovering well. Enjoy the snuggles and the lovely food in Holles street :) rest as much as you can and make sure you get the lactation consultants to show you all the breastfeeding holds if you are planning on breastfeeding.
MrsK19

Postby Dotty37 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:30 pm

Congrats meander that's wonderful news! Lovely that his head was perfectly sized for ease of arrival. Hopefully you will get home soon and relax a bit. I found the hospital mental.

Mrsa I went to a guy privately in the rotunda for my laparoscopy and he did a hystroscopy aswell, tbeynusually go hand in hand. And mine was put through vhi as investigations rather than fertility so it got paid no problem. He was recommended to me from repromed and hes prob the reason I have my little girl now.

Oliviasmum I'm glad you got an answer and the uncertainty is over at least. There are some great medications for pcos available so you might not need ivf if that's what it is, I was with repromed but sims sounds like it was great too. I know flipper was with the beacon and always had lovely things to say about them too.

How is everyone doing with level 5? It's just such a depressing time for everyone. Hope were all keeping safe and well!
Dotty37

Postby brownie » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:44 pm

Ah meander!! What great timing for me to log on, wow bang on your due date, that's fabulous, really really thrilled for you both... Great news!!!
brownie

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:11 pm

Awh Meander a huge Congratulations, absolutely brilliant news! Lovely weight & glad it all went well xx Delighted for you xx

MrsA, I'm so glad Penny came back to you with such a positive outlook. And yes its definitely a numbers game. This cycle was so much better in every way aswell which is great. Also I think ivf is obviously the better option for ye,natural selection and all that x
Sarah83

Previous

Return to TTC with Assistance