Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MeanderGo » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:00 pm

Good luck Sarah! You were just heading over to serum the last time when I joined this forum, so really hoping it'll be a repeat of that wonderful trip!!
MrsAmy brilliant news about the 2 for the freezer. Gives you a moment to catch your breath and for your body to be in perfect condition. I had to do a freeze all as well and wait a month for everything to calm down. The time goes by fast enough, don't worry :-D it's so exciting!!
MrsA hope you're doing ok with all the questions and soul searching about future options x
Lorraine, how are the worry levels? You managing ok for the moment?
Dotty it's come around so fast! Only a few days now! Will be watching for updates and hoping this is your time.
Oliviasmum, hope your mum is doing well x
MeanderGo

Postby Sarah83 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:45 pm

Oh I hope so meander! Thank you! I hope all us well with you x

MrsA i meant to add, I booked an airbnb in Kifisia!
Sarah83

Postby MrsAmy » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:07 am

Thanks so much Meander. <3 looking forward to getting started this cycle. How are you keeping?

Will this be baby 4 so, as well Sarah? :-) <3
MrsAmy

Postby Sarah83 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:06 am

It sure will be MrsAmy!! Mind you my first two are far from babies that I felt i was starting from scratch with Luke lol!

So had another scan this morning and all looks good...another 2 follicles found on the right ovary (where most of that ovary was removed) so cud probably have added some stims if these were spotted on first scan. Oh well x
Sarah83

Postby MrsAmy » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:35 pm

Snap Sarah, #4 for me too although it really will be like starting all over again... If I ever get there... :-D

Oh that IS annoying. :-/ at least you've one good one still going strong though. X
MrsAmy

Postby Dreambaby » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:59 pm

Hi All, DH rant warning. Does anyone else’s DH think IVF is no big deal? We are starting a cycle on Saturday and just found out today that my nephews communion is the week of egg collection/transfer and DH thinks we should go and that how stressful is lunch/day out going to be. Keep in mind, last tww he encouraged me to invite my sisters family to stay during tww and we spent the time cleaning and cooking. We had a chemical. I couldn’t help but wonder was it because I was stressed out cleaning/food shopping and cooking. I feel like because he doesn’t physically go through the injections/egg collection/transfer that’s it’s no big deal. This time I booked two weeks off to ensure no stress and now he wants to go the communion. Sees no stress. Organising outfits when I’m still bloated from egg collection is not my idea of relaxing. This is potentially our last cycle and bar take a few vitamins, he doesn’t need to do a thing. I just wish he took it more seriously than he is. Rant over.
Dreambaby

Postby MrsAmy » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:22 pm

You have to do what works for you Dream. I wouldn't be pressured into going to anything around then if you don't want to. Let him go by himself and say you had a prior arrangement with friends or are feeling under the weather or something. I was sick as a dog after ec and all groggy and sore for a day or two afterwards. Not ideal for a day out getting all dolled up etc.
MrsAmy

Postby MrsA » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:41 pm

Ugh that’s so annoying dream. Totally get you. I wouldn’t want to be going anywhere post collection. From start to finish the whole process is full of anxiety. You do you. Let him go off to the communion and you stay home.

MrsAmy delighted you had one to freeze.

Sarah Kifisia is lovely, how long you going for? Hope it all goes well and will be thinking of you xx
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:46 pm

Girls sorry I've been mia...have been reading but no energy to post :( had the most awful vomiting bug last weekend and now landed with a sinus and chest infection. Antibiotics starting to kick in so hopefully feel back to normal over the weekend.
Sarah absolute best of luck heading over tomorrow praying for that one little eggie to be the most perfect eggie in the land! ;)
Mrsamy...its such a shock to the system when you get lots of eggs and then all of a sudden your down to 1 or 2...I remember my 1st cycle 12 eggs and nothing to transfer in the end. Please god your little frosties will be perfect and do the job 1st go...but nice to have a backup also ;) any sign of af now?
Dotty how are you getting on? Where are you at now?
Dream that's so annoying...they just don't get the stress and strain that our minds and bodies are under. Their job is done in a couple of minutes and isn't exactly strenuous on the system so they just dont understand. Same as the girls have said I'd let him off...plead vomiting bug...theres a nasty one going and nobody will want to see you!
Mrsa how you doing hun? Where you at with plans?
LorraineG

Postby MrsAmy » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:19 pm

That sounds rotten Lorraine, poor you! :-(

No sign, nothing. Ugh. It's so frustrating. Clinic have said hold off completely until I do start as well, which I expected, but it's still a pain.

12 eggs and nothing to transfer Lorraine. :-( oh my gosh, I'd myself convinced last weekend that's how we would be. It's awful. I'm so sorry that happened to you. :-(
MrsAmy

Postby MrsAmy » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:20 am

Haha Murphys law, as soon as I message the clinic to say it wasn't cycle day 1 after all, boom af starts. :-D typical of course. Don't mind though, I have the fematab to get going with. Yay, finally making progress!
MrsAmy

Postby Dotty37 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:32 am

Sarah delighted there's one good seeing one growing away, is it too late to add in a small dose for the other ones? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

Mrsamy great af finally showed up. U can start up to day 4 for the fematab too so no panic bout the weekend, I'm expecting mine next weekend so was panicking about the bank holiday and missing the month. Won't be long now till your transferring.

Dream they don't experience it in the same way we do, I'd let him go off and you say your ill or something. I didn't feel well enough after Mt last collection to go to the shops let alone get dressed up and head out
Dotty37

Postby Dotty37 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:33 am

Sorry Lorraine- what a rotten time your having. There's so many bugs and viruses around at the moment. Hope those abx kick in soon x
Dotty37

Postby MrsAmy » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:10 pm

We'll be transferring around the same time so Dotty, give or take a few days. :-)
MrsAmy

Postby Oliviasmum » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:19 pm

Sorry I've been Mia girls I've been all over the place since the news about my mam and then was away in centre parcs last week i think I've missed to much to catch up on everything how is everyone doing hope all is going well my mam had the operation last week on tuesday and i have to say she is the most amazing person i know she is not complaining one bit she said she a bit sore but nothing she cant handle so on my way home I popped I to see her and she looked very good i was expecting her to look a lot worse and she making jokes already aswell it was like a weight lifted when I seen her
Oliviasmum

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:06 pm

Oliviasmum, I'm glad you hear your mom is doing well, wishing her a very speedy recovery xx

Well I had egg collection this morning, so please god my 1 little egg fertilises and I have a good quality embryo to transfer on Thursday....God the nerves are something else altogether, I hate this feeling!!
Sarah83

Postby MrsAmy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:25 pm

Oh Sarah, I'll keep everything crossed for you!! How are you feeling?

I've my next scan on 28th and hopefully, all going well, transfer the weeks of the 1st. Time has slowed to a total halt.
MrsAmy

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:22 pm

Fingers crossed Sarah! Do u get a day one update? Hope your relaxing.
Mrsamy that's not too long at all now! Hopefully I won't be far behind you. Was convinced my period was coming yesterday but nothing.
Oliviasmum hope your mum has a quick recovery x
Dotty37

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:32 pm

Thanks girls, yes a day 1 fertilisation update tomorrow Dotty...I am relaxing but can't switch off at all!

Transfer will be here before you know it so MrsAmy! I know every step does drag though tbf...and you will be transferring soon so aswell Dotty, very exciting xx
Sarah83

Postby MrsAmy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:35 am

Thanks Sarah, yeah it's not too much longer. I'm not the most patient person at the best of times :-P the longer it drags on, the more invested I am in a positive outcome and am afraid I'll be in a hoop if it doesn't work. But hey ho, it is the way it is.

Fx for your update this morning! X
MrsAmy

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance