Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby Dotty37 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:52 am

Oh mrsa....god your really having a rotten time of it. Did you hear back from penny with any advice? Lorraine had some great advice there and hopefully it won't be too much of an issue going forward. U dont blame you for being completely exhausted by it all, you've had a really hard journey up to now. I really hope the next few months will bring some better more hopeful experiences for you. Also hope covid wise your feeling a bit better.

Dream hope its going OK, i would definitely push for lower stims. Especially as its been successful previously for you. Just reading the girls experiences there really puts the Irish clinic approach in focus for me.

Sarah, Lorraine hope your both feeling good!
Mrsamy how are you doing?

We are planning to go out to serum next month- well me anyway and dh this month for his bits. Not taking Freya on the plane in any circumstances. Bit anxious about trying a new approach in case we get no where, but reading all your experiences has helped.

Hope everyone is keeping well and safe!
Dotty37

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:25 pm

MrsA I really hope Penny has come back to you and has a plan for you. Just out of curiosity, were you on any immune meds for your previous cycles, Prednisolone or anything?

Read a couple of posts on fb about the whole LADS thing and it doesn't seem to be black & white with conflicting opinions from doctors, which must be incredibly frustrating for you...I really hope you get some good reliable info about it all...

Dotty!! I'm delighted to hear you are heading over, I honestly do not think you will regret it at all...ill be so excited for you and looking forward to updates xx
Sarah83

Postby MrsAmy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:59 am

Hey Dotty, I've been a bit down tbh, just feel so flat. Def going to do another round - think with therapie though. They want to do a hycosy, although not sure why particularly, as I'd the hsg done about 2 years ago... But howandever, will just tick it off the list.

I def think I need to have a another lap done to remove the endometriomas on my left ovary as presumably they'll have affected egg quality? Which is why 16 only got 2 blasts? Maybe.
Need to figure out if I can get it covered on vhi though. I have it about 3 years, but not sure if it qualifies as a preexisting condition or if there's a way around it.

So that's sort of where we're at... Want to lose a bit of weight, and say really cleanly and up exercise for next few months, hopefully improve success rates. I'd imagine it will be June before we get going again though, especially if I need another lap... Which just feels forever away.

Amazing about serum!! Dying to hear how you get on!!
MrsAmy

Postby MrsAmy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:01 am

Where do you book a hysteroscopy actually? Is that through clinic or gynae or what?
MrsAmy

Postby Dreambaby » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:32 pm

Hi MrsAmy, you book it through your clinic. You can check if health insurance cover it, they usually do. You just pay the excess. I had my down reg scan today and lining is perfect so starting stims on Friday. Finally!
Dreambaby

Previous

Return to TTC with Assistance