Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby Dotty37 » Sat May 28, 2022 2:39 pm

You would be stopping the steroids and estrogen around week 9 anyway. I finished all my meds at 11 weeks with Freya, but gp said if I want to stay on them longer this time he's no issue with the prescription.
Dotty37

Postby MrsA » Sat May 28, 2022 4:38 pm

Yay on Fridays results Dotty. Also I popped on the fb page to see what you guys meant - I didn’t actually realise serum had previously given care for the three months. Delighted your sorted and not stressed over it xx
MrsA

Postby Dotty37 » Sat May 28, 2022 5:55 pm

Thanks mrsa. I was initially a bit worried but tbh the clinics here till you to go to the maternity hospitals anyway so it isn't really that different. My gp had been fab.

When are you heading over?
Dotty37

Postby MrsA » Sat May 28, 2022 6:28 pm

July if the results of my era tests come back without any infections or issues. Just did the mock cycle there with estrofem and progesterone so please god if we learn anything it won’t delay us as don’t want to wait til September if we can help it x
MrsA

Postby Dotty37 » Mon May 30, 2022 12:06 pm

Hope it all come back in time mrsa xx
Dotty37

Postby Dotty37 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:30 am

Had a little bleed this morning....penny says don't be worried and just stop the clexane and aspirin. It has stopped in fairness but terrified now. I've a scan booked for Tuesday and penny wants me to wait for that rather than go today or tomorrow. Has anyone any experience of this? I'm 6+1 today and still have full on symptoms. My miscarriage last year all my symptoms disappeared before I started bleeding.
Dotty37

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:07 am

Me dotty, with both luke & this baba...its the blood thinners. It always stressed me out but its nothing to worry about, its so common when you are taking the aspirin and clexane...are you using the pesseraries aswell?
Sarah83

Postby Dotty37 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:26 am

Oh really Sarah....yes on 4 pessaries a day too. I've only bled once before and it didn't end well. This has stopped though.. .god its such a head melt isn't it? I've stopped the clexane and aspirin now. Penny doesn't seem bothered at all. I'm going to try to trust her.
Dotty37

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:08 am

Penny isn't bothered cos it really is so so common when on aspirin & clexane...and I find the pesseries don't help and can irritate the cervix and cause spotting. I hated it!! But I had it loads on luke and a couple of times this time aswell...and it's definitely nothing to worry about if it has stopped...on this baby at 9 & 13 weeks i even had a gush of blood and I was finished all meds. Bleeding is so common more so with ivf pregnancies for some reason x
Sarah83

Postby Dotty37 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:38 pm

Thanks for the reassurance Sarah. It's so frightening isn't it. Its stopped since first thing this morning Just a bit of brown now.

I cant help but think the worst but have to wait till Tuesday for a scan. Everytime I do a cycle it finds a new way to torture me.
Dotty37

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:22 pm

I know its so frightening, it used to freak me out so much, i get it. But if it was something to worry about I would expect heavy bleeding cramps etc...iv no doubt tues will bring you peace of mind...
Sarah83

Postby Dreambaby » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:45 pm

Dotty I’m so glad it stopped. I’d be freaked out too. It’s definitely the clexane especially since you stopped it and then bleeding stopped. I know Tuesday can’t come soon enough though. We are counting down the days until we go to Athens for cycle. Have all medication got, now just need to wait until 20th and Hope period arrives on time.
Dreambaby

Postby Dotty37 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:14 pm

Hi girls, so scan was this morning......one lovely heartbeat!!!!!!! Measuring bang on 6+6. I cant believe it. There's a small little pocket of fluid/something that is prob where the bleeding came from last week, but it's not near the pregnancy so they weren't worried at all. I'm so relieved
Dotty37

Postby Dotty37 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:42 pm

Sarah did you go back on the clexane etc? I'm not in to my doctor till next week, and penny said to check with them about the clexane
Dotty37

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:56 pm

That's amazing news Dotty, absolutely delighted for you!! I know the relief well :)

I only stopped the aspirin early on, I stayed on the clexane for the first 3 months. Serum were still giving prescriptions at that time. I personally don't think I needed it, but Serum seem to give it as standard.
Sarah83

Postby Dotty37 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:37 am

Thanks Sarah it was such a relief. It was also the same midwife who did my scan for my first mmc. I nearly got sick when I saw her. But maybe it was like coming full circle in a way. I totally trust her saying all was good as she's told us the bad news too. We told her afterwards and she was so good about it.

In with gp next week. Feels a bit weird that I'm kinda done with serum now, Penny said it's fine to wait snd see what he thinks about clexane. I did take it up to 12 weeks with Freya but I wonder is there any point going back on it at this stage? She wants me to stay off the aspirin anyway.

Sorry everyone for totally hogging everything lately.

Sarah you must be close now? How are you feeling?

Mrsa did you get your results back?

Dream hope all goes to plan for the 20th, you won't regret going to serum.
Dotty37

Postby Dreambaby » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:42 pm

Hi Ladies, I’m just wondering if you took sick leave or annual leave to go to Athens? Dotty I hope all is going well with you. I got a stomach bug and period is delayed so I think I’m due on Monday.
Dreambaby

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:19 pm

Dream I took 2 weeks annual leave, which I personally resent as really its medical so should be sick leave! But I suppose in a way it was less stressful as I told my boss the situation and that the dates I booked might need to change last minute if things didn't go to plan. Also I work in a small office and I don't really have cover to take time off last minute etc...if i worked in a big company where wouldn't be missed I might have chanced the last minute sick leave!

How are you doing Dotty, did you get the clexane sorted or did it decide not to bother with it? How are u feeling x
Sarah83

Postby Dreambaby » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:24 am

Hi Sarah, I work for a large company so no issues with cover. I did question what leave I could take if I was to do ivf abroad and they said annual leave. If I took two weeks sick leave now, would it be obvious? I have had two lumps in my breast recently which my manager was aware of, they are harmless but maybe I could say I need to get them removed just in case and get dr cert. I’m probably overthinking it!
Dreambaby

Postby Oliviasmum » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:41 pm

Hi everyone I know I've been gone months but everytime I logged in nothing was coming up for it was so weird so said I'd check it again and then it came up dont know what was going on congrats dotty hope everything is going ok for you and your not feeling to bad....

I took letrozole the end of last month and I was sure it didnt work cause I didnt get a positive ovulation test was doing the clear blue ones but I still kept myself covered every 2 days cause there was 2 or 3 days where I didnt test cause I've been so busy packing up as I have to move but the last 2 days I've been feeling off could be just all the stress but I'd be delighted if it worked but at the same time not banking on it so I'll wait a couple more days as it's still a few days to early I took it from the 2nd to the 7th of june so when would be the best time to test would you reckon
I say I have way to much to go back on so I'm just gonna say I hope everyone is doing well and all is good with you all I'll try read back on everything
Oliviasmum

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance