APRIL 2016 IUI - SUPPORT GROUP

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: APRIL 2016 IUI - SUPPORT GROUP

Postby Abby » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:13 am

Good luck Daisy, rooting for you.
Abby

Postby daisy159 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:51 am

Ok ladeez so 13dpiui and a bfn on fmu with frer.

I'm calling it now and saying I'm out as I have absolutely no symptoms whatsoever.

I called the clinic this morning to talk about next steps and the doctor is available to talk to me mid-May!?? So what do I do for the next 2 weeks, wing it? I'm waiting on a call back from a nurse but really not happy with the level of support. Obviously I'm not in rational form at all today so I have zero tolerance for their blase attitude towards the next cycle - don't mess with the scary bfn monster today!!

I think I'll come off the progesterone today as I know deep down this is a no go. The clinic will do a beta regardless, just to be sure, so I'll go in for that tomorrow as planned and take it from there I suppose.

It's weird, this is the first time I've felt truly guilty about a failed cycle. I feel like I've let DH down, not that I've been given any reason at all to feel like that. It's as if somebody has punched me in the face without giving any reason for it.

Now we need to decide if we do another IUI or move to IVF (taking into account that we were in Napro for 6 months too)..... right now however, all I want to do is pull the duvet over my head and hide away from this very cruel 'bfn' world :(

X

xx
daisy159

Postby tippergirl » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:04 pm

Thinking of you daisy. I hope the clinic are more supportive when you meet them and that you are happy with the next plan of action.

Take care and I hope you can do something nice and relaxing for the weekend after all this stress.
[/url]
tippergirl

Postby Abby » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:49 pm

Sorry to hear that Daisy, sending you hugs. You've not let anyone down though. All the circumstances can be right and still it may not happen, sometimes it seems like the bloody stars need to align to get pregnant! go into clinic tomorrow and take from there, seems reasonable you'd like to have a chat about where you go next asap. Mind yourselves x
Abby

Postby daisy159 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:05 pm

Thanks ladies! Today has been a write off but hoping to start fresh tomorrow. Hope you guys are all keeping well yourselves xxx
daisy159

Postby MrsCupcake » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:58 am

Daisy thinking of you xx
MrsCupcake

Postby daisy159 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi ladies,

So needless to say, bloods came back negative. It didn't phase me at all to be honest as I took the hit yesterday so was ready for plan B (or is it 'D', E'....? :? ).

When we went in, we were a little bit insistent that we couldn't start a new cycle without the previous one at least being quickly reviewed to ensure I was on the correct medication dosage etc. They were pretty reasonable about this and in spite of them having a waiting room full of people, they got the doctor in to talk us through a few things (when I called yesterday, they said we couldn't see the doctor until mid May as they had no capacity!). In a nutshell, we went into the clinic with a plan to do IUI #2 and IVF in June if that failed. We left the clinic all set to do IVF :shock: All of this happened within 10 minutes.

In fairness, we expressed a view that we wanted to do IVF but that we had been told we'd have to wait until our consultation with her in mid-May. She just said, well let's do it now, you're a good candidate for it and there's no reason we should wait, as long as I feel mentally prepared and know that it's a serious amount more to take than IUI (cue gulp!!). After talking it through we decided to go for it!

The two factors that we have talked about excessively all morning is 1) Cost (5 x IUI) and 2) physical impact on me. I worry about #1 and DH worries about #2. There are a helluva lot more injections and half of them are inter muscular so I wont be able to do them myself (I love my DH to bits but trusting him with a needle scares the bejeesus out of me!).

In the meantime, the Doctor reviewed all of our medical notes, drew up our prescription and we're all set to go. Just need AF to show :witch

Thanks to all for the kind words and support and I really hope everyone else is managing to stay focused and positive. Have a great weekend everyone xxx
daisy159

Postby jess121 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:22 am

I'm not even sure if Daisy is still in the forum but I've just read these posts as I'm in the middle of FSh & trigger shots. Trying TSI this month but moving onto iui next month if bit successful... Daisy I was in tears reading your posts. I'm hoping your ivf was successful x
jess121

Postby jess121 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:25 pm

Thanks for the reply Emily.. are you on the Oct train?
jess121

Postby jess121 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:55 pm

I don't know where the longer thread is! I'n finding the trains hard as most of ladies are ttc naturally & without assistance so I'm kind of on my own with questions /queries.
I'm CD 11 had scan on Friday and it showed good response to fsh. I had 10 follicles on left ovary measuring 9mm 8mm 6mm & smaller. Back on the shots now and another scan on Wednesday to se if follicles have got to 16mm. I'm taking gonal f. 150 mcgs every second day. I'm also in 1500mg of metformin too for the pcos. We wanted to do iui this cycle but consultant feels we should give tsi a go for three cycles because I got pregnant before on our own with no assistance but sadly that ended in mmc in march.
What about you what meds are you on?
jess121

Postby jess121 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:59 pm

I'm sorry to hear of your mmc, I know exactly how heartbreaking it is to go to that scan and hear nothing
jess121

Postby jess121 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:05 am

Oh I hear you Emily. I was nearly a week before I actually started to loose it, it was horrendous but hopefully all in the past for us. I would have been due on 3rd of November so I'm finding this tough at the min. When it happened I convinced myself I would be pregnane and again by novemebr so it wouldn't hurt so much.bitnot took 7 months for my cycles to return after mmc so couldn't start ttc again.
I'm in a bit of a predicament at the minute..as I said we were going to do tsi this month but our consultant said we can opt to do iui at the as t minute when the follicles are ready..that's it's our choice. I've taken half the later half of this week off work for the scans etc...as I line nearly two hours from our clinic it can be difficult for me to get there with working 9-5. I'm just wondering now seeing as both me & oh are off would we be as well go with iui, I know it's more expensive but I'm in two minds as to what to do!.feeling very confused. Oh has said he will support whatever I decide, he doesn't mind either way! I must hop on the Kong term thread later
jess121

Postby jess121 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:57 am

Best of luck with next scan that's great about that scan its great to see lots of follicles!! I just had a king chat with my sister..her two were iui baby's & I've just rang the clinic.. we're going to do iui this cycle if follicles are ready. With being off work rtf it just makes sense... FX for us both.. I'll see you over on other thread x
jess121

Previous

Return to TTC with Assistance