Baby Vomiting Daily - Help

A good place to introduce yourself to our friendly community. We don't bite!

Baby Vomiting Daily - Help

Postby IrishDad » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi All

My little girl (7 weeks old breastfed) vomits at least once a day (sometimes twice). Every doctor says she's fine and gaining weight but it's very hard to just ignore it (plus we cant get out and about which is tough). She also is very whiny at night and can only be comforted by feeding more (which I think is linked to the vomiting). Any advice or suggestions would be amazing! Thanks in advance, IrishDad
IrishDad

Re: Baby Vomiting Daily - Help

Postby Deiseshark » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:54 pm

Hi there that to me sounds pretty normal. Once she's gaining weight and has plenty of wet nappies I would try not to worry. Dr Jack Newman and Kellymom are two very good resources I've found for breastfeeding. It's so hard not to worry about everything and I would say always go to Dr if you need the reassurance but bringing milk back up is pretty normal.
Deiseshark

Postby Deiseshark » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:57 pm

Just to add I have no experience of colic or reflux so I don't know the symptoms but is it something to look into? Babies go through fussy stages too. The wonder weeks app helped me with my first to explain when my son was 'different '
Deiseshark

Postby IrishDad » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:31 pm

Many thanks Deiseshark. We don't think it's colic or reflux and perhaps it's simply overfeeding (and she's gaining weight like there is no tomorrow)!
IrishDad

Postby Deiseshark » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:10 am

Would your partner have a very fast let down... a tiny bit of hand expressing before a feed might help... can stop baby inhaling so much milk and a bit of air at the start which can make them s bit windy...
Also just remember you can't overfeed a breastfed baby - they don't know greed. They eat when they're hungry and stop when full! Helped me when I thought my little man was never going to stop feeding sone days
Deiseshark

Return to New Members - Say Hello and Welcome