Spotting at 6 weeks

A good place to introduce yourself to our friendly community. We don't bite!

Spotting at 6 weeks

Postby Teachershiv » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:11 am

Hi all. I am a new member so apologies if this is the wrong thread. I am 6 weeks with my first baby at age 32. I have been spotting brown and red on and off for a few days now. I was told off the hosp to wait it out until my early scan next week as it's too soon for a heartbeat anyways. I am just a bit worried and wondering if anyone is experiencing the same. Thanks x
Teachershiv

Re: Spotting at 6 weeks

Postby MurphL » Sat May 04, 2019 8:28 am

Hi I'm 5 weeks 4 days today and woke up this morning after going for a wee and there was blood on my tissue I just broke down crying as this is my first and I don't know what's right or what's wrong..
MurphL

Re: Spotting at 6 weeks

Postby LorraineG » Sat May 04, 2019 9:18 am

Girls I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's such a stressful sight but sometimes spotting is just normal and doesn't mean anything. The big things they worry about is bleeding with cramps, heavy bleeding with clots or bad abdominal pain. Unfortunately other than that it's very much wait and see as they just can't tell.
Teachershiv are you already booked in for early scan?
MurphL can you contact your doctor/on call doc? If you're worried phone your local maternity ward and ask them for advice. I found the nurses to be really helpful when the same thing happened to me 3 years ago. I didn't know what was happening or what to do and they organised booking me in for an early scan to see if they could see what was going on. I was 7 weeks so you might have to wait a bit. I would say try not to worry but I know how impossible that is. It didn't work out for me but my sis in law and a friend of mine both had bleeding early on and both went on to have perfect little babas so its not always bad news. Be kind to yourselves for the next while and I hope and pray or will all be ok for both of you
LorraineG

Return to New Members - Say Hello and Welcome