New and terrified!!

A good place to introduce yourself to our friendly community. We don't bite!

New and terrified!!

Postby KT2015 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:38 am

Hi All. I am 26 years old and literally just found out I am pregnant. Well I had a fairly good idea from the absence of AF, the nausea, mood swings and tiredness but did a home test today which confirmed. I have a very loving partner but we weren't trying,I was on the pill and I know we are extremely blessed to conceive so easily but obviously being first pregnancy I am feeling terrified and clueless!! What do I expect first?! What do I do now?! X
KT2015

Re: New and terrified!!

Postby Vonney2014 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:56 am

Hi KT2015,

Welcome & Congrats!!
Don't worry, most of us are terrified & clueless, whether its unexpected or we've been trying for ages!

How many week's pregnant are you? firstly I'd go to your GP to get things confirmed and the maternity hosp appointments booked.
The GP will recommend what you should do next, i.e. taking folic acid etc.

Other than that - look after yourself!! You're doing a very important job growing a little person inside of you!! Lots of rest & care and you'll be well on your way!

A very happy & healthy 9 months to you all :hug
Vonney2014

Postby KT2015 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:03 pm

Thanks, only about 6 weeks so very early days yet. Typical of me though I'm panicking already!
KT2015

Postby miniegg91 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:54 pm

Congrats KT2015!!
I was in same situation as you conceived on pill. I was so scared & felt kind of guilty that it happened so easily when so many struggle. My little lad is 11 weeks now & it is just best feeling in world.
Your GP & hospital will give you all the info you need & help you along the way. & of course there are loads of us here to talk to.
Best of luck on this exciting journey :)
miniegg91

Return to New Members - Say Hello and Welcome